HAL Christmas Tree

BBQ Lover

I have ordered one via the HAL web site in the past.  A very nice decorated and lighted tree that I took with me and still enjoy during the Christmas season.

If you continue having difficulty in ordering the tree, call Ship Services in Seattle.  They will be able to help you.

15 minutes ago, boeckli said:

That sounds very interesting. Didn't know something like that existed (new to HAL - first cruise coming up next week).

Could anyone give me a bit more info about this tree (maybe even a photo?)

Thanks in advance

No photo available.  When I ordered mine, they had two sizes available; I chose the shorter of the two and it was a perfect fit for our Signature Suite, sitting on the table in front of the sofa.  It was fully decorated with small ornaments and small battery-operated lights.  The tree did add a festive touch to our Holiday cruise.  And, taking it home, when I put it in place in my home, it provides more wonderful memories of my Prinsendam Holiday cruise.

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

No photo available.  When I ordered mine, they had two sizes available; I chose the shorter of the two and it was a perfect fit for our Signature Suite, sitting on the table in front of the sofa.  It was fully decorated with small ornaments and small battery-operated lights.  The tree did add a festive touch to our Holiday cruise.  And, taking it home, when I put it in place in my home, it provides more wonderful memories of my Prinsendam Holiday cruise.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll keep an eye out for it.

11 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

After reading this thread I checked to see if a Christmas tree or Christmas flower arrangement was available for my December sailing.  Sadly, no.  Would have been nice though.  Maybe I’ll bring one.

I don't doubt your post.  But, I would suggest that you call Ship Services to see what information that they can provide.  Why would such an easy way of making some money, providing such a nice service, be eliminated?

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I don't doubt your post.  But, I would suggest that you call Ship Services to see what information that they can provide.  Why would such an easy way of making some money, providing such a nice service, be eliminated?

They're usually only offered on sailings over the Christmas holiday.

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Correct.  I assumed that Miss G was sailing during the Christmas Day holiday.

I could be wrong (and it definitely wouldn't be the first time) but I thought she was sailing in December, but not over Christmas.

2 hours ago, Alphen said:

We are sailing over christmas, but there is no option to order a tree of some sort anywhere in our account. Not under packages, flowers, gifts, indulgences or anywhere!

Same here, although we do have the mystery Christmas Eve dinner option in Canaletto.  IIRC, you had to call HAL to order it.  I'll try them when they ope and report back.

Just got off the phone with Ships' Services. You will be able to purchase the trees from them directly by calling 1-800-541-1576 (Toll-Free US & Canada) or 1-206-626-8602.  They don't have the prices yet but the woman said that they're scheduled to be available for purchase next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Just got off the phone with Ships' Services. You will be able to purchase the trees from them directly by calling 1-800-541-1576 (Toll-Free US & Canada) or 1-206-626-8602.  They don't have the prices yet but the woman said that they're scheduled to be available for purchase next week.

Tnx for the info, contacting ship services from abroad is slightly more difficult, but will keep this in mind, maybe there is space in our luggage for some small foldable version.

11 minutes ago, Alphen said:

Tnx for the info, contacting ship services from abroad is slightly more difficult, but will keep this in mind, maybe there is space in our luggage for some small foldable version.

I'll try to remember to call next week and ask about the procedure for people outside the US. 

• Like 1

Thanks for doing that POA.  I already went ahead and ordered one from Amazon to bring with me.  If it doesn’t work out I may order from HAL.  (Depends if I feel like picking up a phone and ordering blind.) Or I may pick one up in FLL.

Edited by *Miss G*

I called Ship Services today at the number above, and they are now available.  I ordered the 16" tree as described above.  On my last Christmas cruise, I took a few little battery-powered tea lights to place around the base of the tree which dressed it up a little more.

2 hours ago, detroit70 said:

I called Ship Services today at the number above, and they are now available.  I ordered the 16" tree as described above.  On my last Christmas cruise, I took a few little battery-powered tea lights to place around the base of the tree which dressed it up a little more.

Was there a choice of trees or something else seasonal?