What bar do you mostly frequent?

miched

After starting another thread about the Martini Bar I thought about what bar I gravitate to during a cruise..   

i will try every bar and it always ends up that the one that I go to the most is the one with the friendliest BT that ' will make a drink the way that I like it.   When going to that bar if he/ she isn’t there I will leave and if he/she is there I will wait to be served by them.  Naturally they will occasionally receive a  little palm grease and they will be more than willing to serve  me when it is my turn.   

I will go to other venues and have a drink depending on what is there,  but when I just want a drink and hang oiut it is where that BT is.  

What determines the bar/lounge that you frequent the most? 

Drink U 🍺🍻🍷🍸🥂🍾😡

While we enjoy the action at the Martini Bar and the aft view from the Sunset Bar, our favorite bar is the Ensemble Lounge.

On the way to Blu, live music and friendly, competent bartenders make it our favorite bar.

We are not drinkers, so we don't hang out in bars to drink, but for other things.  On ships that have them, we hang out in the Piano Bar.  Depending on season, it is the Sports Bar.  On Equinox it was the Gastro Bar where they had tennis showing (US Open).  EM

12 hours ago, Ozzmund said:

While we enjoy the action at the Martini Bar and the aft view from the Sunset Bar, our favorite bar is the Ensemble Lounge.

On the way to Blu, live music and friendly, competent bartenders make it our favorite bar.

I could have written this exact post. However we do most often end up at the Sunset Bar for late evenings. But Ensemble is where we'll be before dinner every evening. 

My husband and I were wondering how many people make the Passport Bar their "home base." 

Edited by Forever42

We actually avoid the ensemble lounge....if there's entertainment it's impossible to talk.  I agree with the OP....I find a bar where the bartender is friendly and isn't anal about measuring drinks.  I find the sky lounge is enjoyable if you get drinks at the bar vs ordering from waiters who disappear behind doors and appear with drinks.  I also watch what brands they use in drinks...if I have the classic package or drinking on an elite coupon and they reach for well scotch/vodka....it's sayonara to that bar....etc.

Any bar I can belly up to......OK, when open I like the Sky Loung Bar and the Sunset Bar. Being extremely hard of hearing, these two are relatively quiet because of size and openness. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

Like anything we dont like World Class Bar. Too blah.. but to some Martini Bar may be loud but we really dont find that to be the case unless they have Silent Disco there.

kind of a Oxy..Too loud and Silent disco..hmm? its all what a person likes...and to each his own. All drinks at Martini Bar have been great..

We have enjoyed the Ensemble Lounge so much that we haven't tried some of the others! For us, it's the entertainment: we don't like the shows but do enjoy duos, trios and small ensembles. Okay, I admit that I'll be up dancing quite a bit of the time ----a good reason to avoid this bar you may think!

Bar tenders are important. They soon know that I'll be on neat, Russian Standard with no ice. A quick thumbs up from me (if I'm dancing) and my glass is topped up!

Other bars: I love my vodka and so the Matini and nearby vodka bar work for me ----but they're often too busy.

The passport bar is fine for when there's a band in the atrium. Same for Sky Lounge.

The Sunset Bar... okay, never had a drink there... but the posts from others suggest I'm missing something! I'll see if I can persuade my DW to try it next cruise.

We too have a love/hate relationship with the Ensemble Bar and Lounge. It's disappointing when the music is particularly good, but the conversation so loud that the music is completely drowned out.

For those of us who enjoy our cocktails made to a specific recipe, we happily return to a bartender who has taken good care of us previously. And we always happily throw a few $$ around for the hard-working staff.

We typically start our afternoon at the Sunset Bar especially after a port day we like to hang out there for sail away.  After getting ready for dinner we typically head to the World Class Bar or occasionally the Martini Bar.  After dinner it's usually the Martini Bar.

• Like 1

How about organizing a pub crawl? That way you can sample them all! We did this a couple of years ago with some friends we met on the ship. It was awesome! We met at the sunset bar for a breakfast cocktail, and as the day went by, we checked them off the list. We weren't in a hurry, and we're way past slamming drinks just to get hammered and race to the next bar. We started at 10 am at the sunset, and finished at 2 am at Quazar(sp?). All 14 bars on the Equinox. We all had time for lunch, dinner and a mid-afternoon nap to get right with the world. It was a marathon. Well, the only marathon I'm ever going to complete, that is. We gained a few folks here and there, and lost a few, but had a blast. We took pictures at every bar to prove we were there, we ran in to Chicago Paul and Edward ( surprisingly enough at the Martini bar!) and made friends at every stop. Fun was had by all. I'm not sure that was how Celebrity intended us to use our Premium package for, but it made for a good time by all, and the best sea day we've had! Oh, and here's a hint: the crew does not find it funny at all if you hint that they should sneak 8 of your tipsy friends down to the crew bar so that you can check that one off the list! No sense of humor at all, apparently!

• Like 1