Passenger Choir on QM2

babscruiser

We will be sailing on QM2 from NY to Dubai in January 2019.   Does anyone know if they will  be having a Passenger Choir during either of these two segments?

I have sung in the  choruses on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, but I have never done it on the Queen Mary2.  Since the Southampton to Dubai segment has many days at sea, I was hoping that they would have a chorus.  It's fun to do and it gives us an opportunity to meet other passengers.

Barbara

1 hour ago, babscruiser said:

We will be sailing on QM2 from NY to Dubai in January 2019.   Does anyone know if they will  be having a Passenger Choir during either of these two segments?

I have sung in the  choruses on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, but I have never done it on the Queen Mary2.  Since the Southampton to Dubai segment has many days at sea, I was hoping that they would have a chorus.  It's fun to do and it gives us an opportunity to meet other passengers.

Barbara

I don't think anyone can give you an  answer,  as more often than not this will depend on, if there is anyone within the entertainments team  (during your particular segment) musically talented enough to take on the task.

Do check out the daily program once onboard  or contact the Social Host/ss. If enough people  request it and are interested in signing up they may find a member from the Royal Court Singers to take on the task  (as they did on my last QM2 crossing)

Good luck, it's always enjoyable listening to the choir of my fellow guests in  🎶 the Grand Lobby . 🎶  

Hello

If there 

You can be 99.99% sure there will be a passenger choir on this voyage.  If there is no choir it will only be because no one on the ship believes they can sing!  I will be on this segment as well and am looking forward to the event.  See you on the ship!

Deck Chair

On 11/11/2018 at 9:07 AM, deck chair said:

Hello

If there 

You can be 99.99% sure there will be a passenger choir on this voyage.  If there is no choir it will only be because no one on the ship believes they can sing!  I will be on this segment as well and am looking forward to the event.  See you on the ship!

Deck Chair

I've long since learned that disagreeing with Deck Chair usually means I'll be wrong, but thought this might be useful info.

Our choir director was very candid with us that some staff would be happy if the choir were to disappear again, as it has in the past. 

I was on TA 0840 Eastbound arriving in Southampton on Nov. 1.  We had 75 passengers in our choir and about 8 were current or former professional singers/actors.  Our choir director and the rest of the key entertainment staff will be leaving the ship on Nov 18 when their current contracts expire.  Our choir director is leaving to join the cast of Hamilton in New York as the new Aaron Burr.    

If you have strong opinions on the pax choir continuing, I'd recommend you did what many on my crossing have done, let Cunard known that you EXPECT there will be a passenger choir opportunity during your crossing/cruise.  This is the "squeaky wheel" theory from people with $$$$ who do matter to Cunard.  

18 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

My only TA was when the National Symphony Orchestra was onboard. I had assumed that the passenger choir was in association with their visit.

I'm incredibly jealous of your opportunity.  My recent cruise was the week after the NSO' Westbound crossing and all the staff could talk about was how great it was.  My understanding is that the NSO will be aboard again in 2019 but in September.  I'll be booking another crossing as soon as the date is firm. 

Edited by ddgarner1

20 minutes ago, ddgarner1 said:

I'm incredibly jealous of your opportunity.  My recent cruise was the week after the NSO' Westbound crossing and all the staff could talk about was how great it was.  My understanding is that the NSO will be aboard again in 2019 but in September.  I'll be booking another crossing as soon as the date is firm. 

They are onboard for the September 15th eastbound crossing [and the matching westbound is the 'space week' crossing] 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, ddgarner1 said:

I'm incredibly jealous of your opportunity. 

Quite right, you should be!  I was on stage in the choir and it was a "once in a lifetime" experience.  Anthony Inglis is exceptional and has infinite patience with us rank amateurs.  I think he gets a charge out of so many people wanting to make good music and he can lead us there.  It was also interesting to sit at the back of the stage and face the conductor during the orchestra performance.  Normally, you see only the guy's back.  He conducts with his face as well as his arms.  It also became obvious that Capt. Wells has no future as a symphonic conductor and should stick to steering the ship but full marks for trying!  History does not record if Anthony Inglis was given a chance to steer the ship.

23 hours ago, Fairgarth said:

Quite right, you should be!  I was on stage in the choir and it was a "once in a lifetime" experience.  Anthony Inglis is exceptional and has infinite patience with us rank amateurs.  I think he gets a charge out of so many people wanting to make good music and he can lead us there.  It was also interesting to sit at the back of the stage and face the conductor during the orchestra performance.  Normally, you see only the guy's back.  He conducts with his face as well as his arms.  It also became obvious that Capt. Wells has no future as a symphonic conductor and should stick to steering the ship but full marks for trying!  History does not record if Anthony Inglis was given a chance to steer the ship.

I am, indeed.