Sonora5

26 days on the Oosterdam-Venice to Fort Lauderdale-Report

There was a long line to enter the monastery. Our guide seemed surprised.

Luckily the cathedral next to it had no line. The picture is the front of the cathedral and interior.

PA312602.JPG

IMG_1820-2.jpg

IMG_1823-2.jpg

IMG_7323.JPG

IMG_7335.JPG

My lungs are not in a condition that allows me to take a leisurely stroll on a mountain top during the best of conditions (sunny, dry). Had it been made known an elevator was available I may have attempted the tour of the castle. But it was not. Apparently it was after the tour group was in the castle.  I should have stayed in Sintra eating pastries and drinking coffee.

The castle - Pena horse - entrance -  gargoyle - balcony ... More to come, I have to go now.

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

More lovely pictures.  

You're bringing back some great memories and making me look forward to a new port stop next year!

thanks so much 🙂 

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

More lovely pictures.  

You're bringing back some great memories and making me look forward to a new port stop next year!

thanks so much 🙂 

Thanks kazu.

This is fun to do, it was a great cruise.

Sounds like the tour was not fun. The Lisbon pictures bring back good memories. Love your posts.  

I'm back.. And thanks for all the nice comments!

Mosaic tile - China - Tile wall - Dining room - Tchotchkes and antiques - Settee and mural - Gargoyle - Ornate ceilings - Desk - Stained glass.

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

A sea day!

We had so many ports on this cruise, with few sea days in the first three weeks. After a rainy day in Lisbon that was a little disappointing, we were looking forward to kicking back.

I did not take pics of any menus or food. I know those are popular and I will try to do better next time. We ate in the Lido on a lot of port days. The food there was good! There was rarely a line for anything. We liked the variety and the consistency. The aft end of the Lido had a special buffet of appetizers and small salad items. There were also nicely prepared seafood dishes quite often.

We also got room service a lot. Sometimes we were very lazy and we had one of the concierges order for us. Mr S would get himself a generous pour at the lounge honor bar and we would settle in to our room.

We got room service for breakfast a number of times also. They actually made a nice omelet on this ship, which does not always happen.

Trivia was usually played twice daily. The early trivia was hosted by cruise director Kelly, who really seemed unhappy to be there. The afternoon trivia was hosted by assistant cruise director Tino who was great. Entertaining, funny, personable, and great trivia questions. He also hosted 2 or 3 music trivias and we begged for more. If you are lucky enough to have Tino on your cruise you will have a good time.

After a relaxing sea day we were ready for Madeira, our last port before our seven day Atlantic crossing.