patty1955

Promotional emails from Celebrity

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread.

How do you get added to Celebrity's email list? I used to get the emails and at some point they stopped. I've signed up again on Celebrity's site, I've unsigned and resigned up, I've emailed the Captain's Club and I've talked to a customer service rep (Sutton.) Sutton said he'd added me to the database but that didn't help. He also said he talked to someone in the marketing department and I should start getting emails in a few months, which is ridiculous.  Has anyone had any success getting back on the list? How?

You could try sending an email to CelebrityOneTouch @celebrity.com. That sounds like the only option you've not already done.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

You could try sending an email to CelebrityOneTouch @celebrity.com. That sounds like the only option you've not already done.

Sutton is with CelebrityOneTouch

Yes, that appears to be the new name for Captains Club. I was just suggesting the email option as another avenue. We all have experienced getting different results from different reps when contacting X. Good luck!

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, that appears to be the new name for Captains Club. I was just suggesting the email option as another avenue. We all have experienced getting different results from different reps when contacting X. Good luck!

Good point. I'll give it a try. Thank you

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Good point. I'll give it a try. Thank you

Becareful what you wish for.  I am getting 3+ emails a day to purchase beverage packages, speciality dining, etc for our booked cruises.  DH is getting more generic marketing emails daily.  I’m trying to opt out.

On the top of the Celebrity home page there is a link for Deals Sign Up.   I tried adding my info there yesterday.

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

Becareful what you wish for.  I am getting 3+ emails a day to purchase beverage packages, speciality dining, etc for our booked cruises.  DH is getting more generic marketing emails daily.  I’m trying to opt out.

Lol.  Same thing here.   I couldn’t receive emails no matter who I called/emailed  or how many times I signed up.   When they upgraded their website all of a sudden I’m getting emails everyday and my husband too, who never signed up for them. 

It shouldn't, but this amazes me. A customer/client is asking for you to PLEASE send me marketing materials and they can't get it right.

If it were possible, I would gladly have them send my emails to you.  Far and away, they are rubbish, same sales with the same prices as before the sale, exciting deals (which for the most part are not).  The exception, as mentioned above, are the emails regarding sales on excursions and dining after you are booked.  But even here, beware, as the 20% discount is actually UP TO 20%.  Having said that, we have saved a few dollars on excursions.

Someone mentioned getting the same information on the website, which is true, including the not so exciting deals (usually released on Friday, although recently they have been released various days for various number of days).

Link to exciting deals (and of course, this week has a couple of good deals:classic_laugh:)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Good luck.

I have the same issue.  I no longer get Celebrity emails (except for payment notices!).  The reason I want them is that I want to see if I have any chance of upgrading what I have booked with some special sale.  Or I want to know when the pre-sale for Captain's Club members is happening when new itineraries open up.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The reason I want them is that I want to see if I have any chance of upgrading what I have booked with some special sale.  Or I want to know when the pre-sale for Captain's Club members is happening when new itineraries open up.

That's exactly why I want to get them. 

I emailed CelebrityOneTouch @celebrity.com again yesterday and I got a promotional email last night. I don't know if it's a fluke or if the problem is fixed. I'll post at update if I figure it out.

7 hours ago, patty1955 said:

That's exactly why I want to get them. 

I emailed CelebrityOneTouch @celebrity.com again yesterday and I got a promotional email last night. I don't know if it's a fluke or if the problem is fixed. I'll post at update if I figure it out.

Whatever worked, I'm glad you had success.

16 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Whatever worked, I'm glad you had success.

Limited success. I got 2 emails regarding sales (my husband had received them previously.) Today he got an email about a cruise I made a fake booking for yesterday. It looks like he is getting my emails. 

I still haven't had a response to the email I sent to CelebrityOneTouch @celebrity.com over the weekend.