Anyone currently on Regal? Unlimited internet??

CruzinisParadise

2 hours ago, CruzinisParadise said:

Just wondering if they had discontinued the unlimited internet for the Elite/Platinum guests as of 11/11/18 like they said. I know they are still working on the Ocean Medallion and all its kinks. Thanks in advance. 🙂

As much as the internet was down over the last 10 days I hope they continue the unlimited.

The system on the Regal is a mess.

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

As much as the internet was down over the last 10 days I hope they continue the unlimited.

The system on the Regal is a mess.

Agreed! I've been on the Regal many times already during this Ocean Medallion process and the internet WAS fine. I guess the more things they add, the more mess until its completed. 

We are on Regal and no the internet is charged by the minute but dont hold out much hope of it working properly. There’s been long queues at the Internet cafe to resolve issue since boarding on sunday. Lost minutes. Unable to access Princess Concierge (intranet). Random disconnects. Getting rather heated earlier today with one passenger lost half his elite minutes when he got disconnected. The standing advice is to use “login.com” to get to sign in page and “logout.com” to switch it off, anything else forget it. Crew urging passengers to write to corporate because they know it’s not ready but were told to do it anyway. 

Edited by MBandJSinUK

1 hour ago, MBandJSinUK said:

We are on Regal and no the internet is charged by the minute but dont hold out much hope of it working properly. There’s been long queues at the Internet cafe to resolve issue since boarding on sunday. Lost minutes. Unable to access Princess Concierge (intranet). Random disconnects. Getting rather heated earlier today with one passenger lost half his elite minutes when he got disconnected. The standing advice is to use “login.com” to get to sign in page and “logout.com” to switch it off, anything else forget it. Crew urging passengers to write to corporate because they know it’s not ready but were told to do it anyway. 

Thank you for the information! Did they give you the choice to add internet minutes with discount price for elite on the first day?

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

From what I have read, they reverted back to the usual free minutes plans for Platinum and Elite this past Sunday.  And Wifi is still terrible.  It was great in December, not sure how they messed that up.

It was fantastic last December while we were on board as well.  My friends were on for 2 weeks in February, the last sailing out of Copenhagen and then the TA and the wifi was fantastic and quick on those voyages as well.  She was even able to send me pictures throughout her crossing. 

What the heck did they do?!!!

10 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It was fantastic last December while we were on board as well.  My friends were on for 2 weeks in February, the last sailing out of Copenhagen and then the TA and the wifi was fantastic and quick on those voyages as well.  She was even able to send me pictures throughout her crossing. 

What the heck did they do?!!!

I think it's known as breaking something that was fixed....

We were on the Regal at the end of October and the Medallion.Net was excellent speed. We had some challenges switching our account between phone and tablet. The pamphlet we were given says use "login.com" to start, and use "signout.com" to log off the device. Not "logout.com" like it used to be. But that was on the October 27th sailing; maybe it has changed since then. 

16 hours ago, Orrsthu said:

Thank you for the information! Did they give you the choice to add internet minutes with discount price for elite on the first day?

Hi. We didn’t try to add more minutes but when I was in the Internet cafe trying to get mine sorted, there were reports that there were problems adding minutes until the free elite minutes were used up. There was an option to buy unlimited internet at $9.99 per day. We got a letter last night from the hotel general manager apologising for all the connectivity problems. Problems with dropped access are worse where the signal is weaker and they are aware of that. The point is that losing WiFi locks the account and your minutes keep adding it - it takes a few steps to reconnect then disconnect to stop the minutes being used. Yesterday I lost WiFi whilst online and it took 10 mins to reconnect so I could logout then log back in. Internet manager is giving all the minutes back so they are trying.

I do think the point is around implementing something that is unstable. When there was free unlimited then there wasn’t a logon/off issue but now that the whole ship is on minutes then system is creaking which exposes the issues. 

One other her change is that most times you need to connect, you have to connect to WiFi again and log in with cabin number, date of birth which is not a smooth process - certainly a backward step. 

Otherwise Regal is as good as usual. Amazing that one small issue can really p*** off a lot of people 

1 hour ago, MBandJSinUK said:

Hi. We didn’t try to add more minutes but when I was in the Internet cafe trying to get mine sorted, there were reports that there were problems adding minutes until the free elite minutes were used up. There was an option to buy unlimited internet at $9.99 per day. We got a letter last night from the hotel general manager apologising for all the connectivity problems. Problems with dropped access are worse where the signal is weaker and they are aware of that. The point is that losing WiFi locks the account and your minutes keep adding it - it takes a few steps to reconnect then disconnect to stop the minutes being used. Yesterday I lost WiFi whilst online and it took 10 mins to reconnect so I could logout then log back in. Internet manager is giving all the minutes back so they are trying.

I do think the point is around implementing something that is unstable. When there was free unlimited then there wasn’t a logon/off issue but now that the whole ship is on minutes then system is creaking which exposes the issues. 

One other her change is that most times you need to connect, you have to connect to WiFi again and log in with cabin number, date of birth which is not a smooth process - certainly a backward step. 

Otherwise Regal is as good as usual. Amazing that one small issue can really p*** off a lot of people 

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MBandJSinUK said:

We got of Regal Sunday after a B2B cruise of 15 days.  It was free!  With the exception of a few hiccups, I actually found internet worked quite well.   Was able to facetime nightly with our daughter.  

4 hours ago, MBandJSinUK said:

Thank you for this very detailed response! You're awesome!

Just off this morning after 17 days.  First 10 days were free unlimited on the reposition from NYC to FLL.  Last week reverted to Elite minutes.  We were given 500 for 7 days.  After that,  $9.99/day if you bought for full voyage.  Some issues connecting here and there but overall it worked great and think it’s a big improvement over past non MedallionNet service.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

Just off this morning after 17 days.  First 10 days were free unlimited on the reposition from NYC to FLL.  Last week reverted to Elite minutes.  We were given 500 for 7 days.  After that,  $9.99/day if you bought for full voyage.  Some issues connecting here and there but overall it worked great and think it’s a big improvement over past non MedallionNet service.  

Was that 500 per or did they give you each 250 minutes?

Hope you had a great cruise!

It was 500 minutes per person.  Not sure if we got extra minutes cause they still acknowledge issues still exist...we got a letter from the Hotel GM saying they are still working on it and apologizing for any inconvenience...which was minimal in reality.  Definitely not the “disconnected “ vacation that cruises used to be... for good and bad. Lol

Even though it was free unlimited internet on the first 10 day leg they may have received 500 pp because of the total length of the cruise being a 10 day and a 7 day b2b.

Loyalty benefits for 500 min is usually 21 or more days according to the website 

Oh yeah you are right. Who knows. I got off last week. I figured as bad as the internet was they would extend the unlimited indefinitely. 

I feel it worked pretty good about 90% of the time.  Like some have said, some issues occasionally changing connection from one device to the other. But we experienced very few actual “outages”.  We were Marina deck forward if that might make a difference?  

Will say say that one nice benefit of the whole new system is the new 4K TV’s they installed.  Could be wrong but it seemed like there was more On-Demand content available than on past Regal Princess sailings we’ve been on...

Just got off 17 day b/b 11/1 and 11/11.

The 11/1 was free unlimited internet for platinum and elite.

I thought it worked pretty well with an occasional hiccup, the speed was fast.

Early on my wife tried to log on and a message said she had used all her time.

I went downstairs to the internet cafe and then set her up pronto.

For the 11/11 I thought we would each get only 250 minutes but we had 500 as they gave us 250 unused from 11/1 and the 250 for the 11/11 cruise.

There were a couple of hiccups again in the 11/11 cruise that were speedily fixed downstairs. Those guys were saints dealing with a bunch of dinosaurs like myself.