Jump to content

Queens staircase


Recommended Posts

If you want to tour Fort Fincastle but don't want to climb the staircase just cut through the parking lot across Elizabeth street from Princess Margaret Hospital. Then follow the path along the side of the hill. If you walk back down Elizabeth St. to Bay Street on the way back there is a small store on the right side - convenient for a cold bottle of water. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruiseapril said:

If a cruiser does half of the walking tour- that is plenty on a hot day.


Hello,   Been reading along on cruise critics since I've book my first ever cruise.  

Our cuise will be the 4 days Carnival Liberty in June of 2019.   We also plan to do the Frommers map walk tour to the Queen Staircase.  I would assume we should prepare for the June temperature showing average to the 80* above. Being from the Great White North, we'll leave the snowsuits behind.   Never been to the Bahamas or Princess Cays.  

 

Anxious for date to get closer.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:


Hello,   Been reading along on cruise critics since I've book my first ever cruise.  

Our cuise will be the 4 days Carnival Liberty in June of 2019.   We also plan to do the Frommers map walk tour to the Queen Staircase.  I would assume we should prepare for the June temperature showing average to the 80* above. Being from the Great White North, we'll leave the snowsuits behind.   Never been to the Bahamas or Princess Cays.  

 

Anxious for date to get closer.  

 

 

We went June 2017 and it was upper 80's with very high humidity. Its also one of the wettest months of the year. It rained our entire trip except a few hours in Nassau. Be sure to take lots of water..and enjoy your trip!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:


Hello,   Been reading along on cruise critics since I've book my first ever cruise.  

Our cuise will be the 4 days Carnival Liberty in June of 2019.   We also plan to do the Frommers map walk tour to the Queen Staircase.  I would assume we should prepare for the June temperature showing average to the 80* above. Being from the Great White North, we'll leave the snowsuits behind.   Never been to the Bahamas or Princess Cays.  

 

Anxious for date to get closer.  

 

 

Congrates,  just get up and go early and that way by noon you can hit the boat for lunch and air conditioning.  There is an ice cream shoppe across from the strawmarket that sells good ol fashioned hard ice cream you might want to cool off.  Enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mredandchis said:

Congrates,  just get up and go early and that way by noon you can hit the boat for lunch and air conditioning.  There is an ice cream shoppe across from the strawmarket that sells good ol fashioned hard ice cream you might want to cool off.  Enjoy

 

Read my mind, We also got the Faster to the Fun.  Being an ice cream freak, I'm going to be looking for that ice-cream shop.

Will post a photo of my triple scoop.  :classic_tongue: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, autismmama said:

We went June 2017 and it was upper 80's with very high humidity. Its also one of the wettest months of the year. It rained our entire trip except a few hours in Nassau. Be sure to take lots of water..and enjoy your trip!

 

Thank you!  We will, we got extra water bottles from the fun shop.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:

 

Read my mind, We also got the Faster to the Fun.  Being an ice cream freak, I'm going to be looking for that ice-cream shop. 

 

FYI - you don't need Faster to the Fun to get off the ship early in Nassau.  You can walk right off as soon as the ship clears.  It's not one of those ports where there's a mad rush to get off and a lot of people just stay on the ship.

Edited by CruisinCrow
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:

 

Thank you!  We will, we got extra water bottles from the fun shop.   

 

Save the water bottles for on the ship.  You can buy bottled water for a dollar at the little shops outside the cruise terminal.  Much cheaper. :classic_smile:

 

I see you're going on Liberty.  We just got off Liberty on Sunday.  I hope to have my review written up soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:

 

Read my mind, We also got the Faster to the Fun.  Being an ice cream freak, I'm going to be looking for that ice-cream shop.

Will post a photo of my triple scoop.  :classic_tongue: 

LOL I have gone to that ice cream shop for decades now , ever since it was a small place.  It is on the left just before you get to the straw market.  They have it upstairs now and a long balcony to sit on if it isnt too hot.  Been to nassua so many times  i cant count them.  Even got to see the last two inauguration parades of the prime minister.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

What is the very best thing you ever did in Nassau we have eight hours there and would like to do something phenomenal been there a couple times, Done the glass bottom boat thing shopping going over to Paradise Island can’t remember much else beyond that but I’m going with my daughter a mother daughter this time she’s 30 I’m 60 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, mandrews2u said:

What is the very best thing you ever did in Nassau we have eight hours there and would like to do something phenomenal been there a couple times, Done the glass bottom boat thing shopping going over to Paradise Island can’t remember much else beyond that but I’m going with my daughter a mother daughter this time she’s 30 I’m 60 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

 

The Tru Bahamian food and walking tour: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2018/11/bites-of-nassau-experiencing-bahamas.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...