Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
seaquick

how to sign friends up for meet and mingle

Recommended Posts

I am already signed up for the RCCL Meet and Mingle on the Oasis for Nov. 18.  How can I sign my friends up? 

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, seaquick said:

I am already signed up for the RCCL Meet and Mingle on the Oasis for Nov. 18.  How can I sign my friends up? 

 

thanks

 

If you have their booking number, you can sign them up yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, seaquick said:

 

what is the site to use?   thanks

 

You can do it by clicking on the "Meet and Mingle" link at the top of this page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

If you have their booking number, you can sign them up yourself.

stll can't sign my friends up.  on the phone with rccl now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Meet and Mingle is for Cruise Critic Members.  They would have to join Cruise Critic to sign up for the M & M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gaylemh said:

The Meet and Mingle is for Cruise Critic Members.  They would have to join Cruise Critic to sign up for the M & M.

 

I know CC membership is their intended audience, but Royal's M&M sign up does not validate any of the info provided beyond names, ship & sailing date, and booking number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seaquick said:

stll can't sign my friends up.  on the phone with rccl now

 

 

Book them up under your user name, they will still get invited to the M&M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience is that the only thing the sign up does is 1) tell the ship how many people want to attend, and 2) supposedly tell you when and where to go for the event.

 

I say supposedly as the last two cruises, I never got info about the M&M.  Last cruise, I asked at Guest Relations, and they had NO IDEA.  They did finally find out that the person who handles them is the Group Coordinator.

 

So if you don't have one, or it is messed up, or you don't hear about it, you know to complain to and ABOUT the Group Coordinator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SRF said:

My experience is that the only thing the sign up does is 1) tell the ship how many people want to attend, and 2) supposedly tell you when and where to go for the event.

 

 

Thanks  I am not going to worry about it any more.  If I get an invite, and my friends are free to come, I'll just bring them, and if they turn them away, so be it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, seaquick said:

Thanks  I am not going to worry about it any more.  If I get an invite, and my friends are free to come, I'll just bring them, and if they turn them away, so be it. 

 

Did you book with a TA and are you part of a Group Booking which means that you have a Group Booking number and not the official RCI booking number that would appear on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI?  If this is the case then the Group Booking number is not being recognized when you try to sign them up for the M&M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

I know CC membership is their intended audience, but Royal's M&M sign up does not validate any of the info provided beyond names, ship & sailing date, and booking number.

Unless you win one of the raffles. They usually ask your name and CC name. I guess you could just make something up.  I've also been at some where they collect your invite at the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have simply taken traveling companions in with us.  They may not have a name tag or a raffle ticket, but that's never been an issue. Heck, half the time we have never received an invitation ourselves and have had to go the desk to find out when & where, and just show up at the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Anthem last month, and unless you were signed up and the group coordinator had your name, you would not be able to get a raffle ticket.  No problem attending, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Unless you win one of the raffles. They usually ask your name and CC name. I guess you could just make something up.  I've also been at some where they collect your invite at the door.

 

My SO won a raffle prize and they did not ask her CC name.  She doesn't have one.

 

And I am sure there are MANY people there who are not CC members, but family/friends of a CC member.

 

Also, did not get a name tag on Grandeur last Aug.

Edited by SRF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...