Cruise Critic Community
magcdg

Arrival Time For Platinum/Suite Cruisers Out of Miami ( Carnival Horizon)

We haven't sailed Carnival in awhile and noticed that there is now an arrival time to choose. We are platinum, sailing in a spa suite on Carnival Horizon out of Miami. According to our travel agent, we can show up at the port anytime we want to. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Thanks for any information!

Carnival requires everyone to select an arrival time since implementing their staggered check-in time.   Since you are Platinum, you can arrive at any time regardless of the arrival time you select. Your boarding pass should say "PRIORITY" at the top of it.  FWIW, we arrive within the check-in time we select thinking it helps with the staggered check-in times which we have found has really improved the check-in process.  Enjoy your cruise!

Arrive at the time of your choice.You will breeze through the priority check in procedures, and enjoying lunch.

We are platinum and sailed out of Miami on the Vista in September. We were in line at 9:15 with only about 15 people ahead of us. They opened the doors at 10:00 and started boarding at 11:30. Since the Horizon took the place of the Vista in Miami, times should be close. We are sailing on the Horizon in January and plan on getting there at 9:00 like we did on the Vista.

Have fun! 

Yeah the travel agent is correct,  I am also platinum and i get there where i get there.  and we whiz right thru as long as it isnt a journey cruise.  

i would plan to get there around 10:30 AM when sailing out of Port Miami. Your wait time in the terminal will be minimal and often you won’t stop walking from the time you get there until you are on the ship. 

I would not get there between 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM like another poster mentioned, unless you want to wait in a line for up to an hour or so outside the terminal. Debarkation will still be going on from the previous cruise.  My goal on embarkation day is to spend as little time as possible in lines and in the terminal. Arriving at 9:00 AM pretty much guarantees you will wait in line outside the terminal and have anothet wait once you are inside the terminal.