Upgrade!

wolverineinOH

Our only experience  is on the sailing ships.  We prefer the lowest deck nearly amid ships for the best ride.  We have been offered upgrades but turned them down...but we would take a suite in the Surf if offered.  We have done at least 15 WS cruses over the years.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We received an upgrade, today, from an S to a Balcony on our NYC to San Juan Pride cruise in October. We just happened to notice it on the WS site as we were keeping track of our 3 planned WS cruises. Later in the day we got a call from Seattle. They wanted $400 for the upgrade. We've had complimentary upgrades on WS in the past and no one has ever called and asked for money. They took it back! Crazy.

3 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

We received an upgrade, today, from an S to a Balcony on our NYC to San Juan Pride cruise in October. We just happened to notice it on the WS site as we were keeping track of our 3 planned WS cruises. Later in the day we got a call from Seattle. They wanted $400 for the upgrade. We've had complimentary upgrades on WS in the past and no one has ever called and asked for money. They took it back! Crazy.

For our August Iceland cruise, I received the same type of offer via a June 6th email - pay $400 for a "deeply discounted Upgrade" from an S2 to a BS1 Balcony Suite.  I passed on their offer.

I guess we got the offer out of order. We had the upgrade celebration and then they called and made the offer. Our new suite number was already listed on our reservation on the WS web site. We were not expecting to be called and asked for money.

We normally book balcony cabins, but since on Windstar they are just French balconies we decided that an SS1 would suit us just as well as an SBS.  If they offer a 'deeply discounted upgrade' to a DS, I would consider it - otherwise it's free or 'no thanks.'

I must be crazy our only time on the motor yachts we were offered an upgrade to a balcony for $200 per person we grabbed it. Granted we had a great initial rate for the cruise but we thought $200 pp was a bargain and we enjoyed every second. Happy Sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Misty Morning said:

Just got an upgrade from an S1 to a BS1 on our 2 week November cruise on the Star Legend and our friends also got an upgrade from an S3 to a Classic Suite (CS).  In both cases, this is a 3 level upgrade, now that’s an upgrade.  Thanks Windstar

Congrats to your friends. Upgrade to a classic suite is huge.