Cruise Critic Community
crmc

Tennis on Zuiderdam

I read that the sports court on the Zuiderdam includes tennis. Has anyone used it or know when it's available to play tennis?

It's pickle ball - they have the raquets and balls. It is a paddle ball sized court.  And they also have featured pickle ball events. Also table tennis at one end of the Lido. But a full tennis court at sea, no.. 

4 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

It's pickle ball - they have the raquets and balls. It is a paddle ball sized court.  And they also have featured pickle ball events. Also table tennis at one end of the Lido. But a full tennis court at sea, no.. 

That’s very helpful, thanks! 

10 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Good to know! FYI Some ships do have full sized (shared) courts. I think it was the NCL Sun that we played on. My lob game was curtailed by the low overhead netting though. 🙂

24 minutes ago, crmc said:

Good to know! FYI Some ships do have full sized (shared) courts. I think it was the NCL Sun that we played on. My lob game was curtailed by the low overhead netting though. 🙂

I can only speak for the smaller, older ships. Don't know if the brand new larger ones have a full sized tennis court. Yes, there is netting and tall glass walls as well.  Newer larger ships  are the Konigsdam and Nieuw Statendam.  

But unless things have changed in a drydock, not on the smaller and older Zuiderdam. Paddle ball court size.

Edited by OlsSalt

42 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

I can only speak for the smaller, older ships. Don't know if the brand new larger ones have a full sized tennis court. Yes, there is netting and tall glass walls as well.  Newer larger ships  are the Konigsdam and Nieuw Statendam.  

But unless things have changed in a drydock, not on the smaller and older Zuiderdam. Paddle ball court size.

Koningsdam's Sport Court is located on Deck 11/Sun Deck immediately aft of her funnel. Looks like it's geared more for basketball

Related image

Tennis court on Sports Deck

This is "R"-class Rotterdam's Sports Deck/Deck 9 (port side), which is more of a "practice tennis court", definitely not a full-size tennis court. The starboard side of the "R"-class ships have a basketball court (also not regulation size). There are no regulation-size tennis courts on HAL ships because there is just not enough space for such a court

Nieuw Amsterdam Outdoor Sports Deck

Nieuw Amsterdam's sports court on Deck 11/Observation Deck

Edited by Copper10-8