Cruise Critic Community
ryanbarckley

Hammock on Aquatheater Suite Balcony

Hi Everyone! I've seen several people post (and a couple threads) about putting up hammocks on their balconies. I LOVE the idea. I'm going on Allure of the seas for the first time in January, in a 2 bedroom aquatheater suite (deck 9). I wanted to see if anyone had ever successfully gotten a hammock up on one of those balconies OR if anyone has some photos of those balconies I can look at to try and decipher if it's possible. I get how to mount the hammock, I just don't see where else I might be able to rig to aside from the railing.  Those balconies are much larger, so the options are less obvious. Thanks and happy cruising!

There are basically 2 ways to mount the hammock, one being from poles or dividers to the balcony or by using “c” clamps to create a mounting surface. (Usually to one of the steel beams)

Looking  at this picture there does not appear to be anywhere to ties off the ropes or attach a “c” clamp.  It does not look possible.

D05857F6-575B-44B0-865E-8D4954F3C024.png

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are basically 2 ways to mount the hammock, one being from poles or dividers to the balcony or by using “c” clamps to create a mounting surface. (Usually to one of the steel beams)

Looking  at this picture there does not appear to be anywhere to ties off the ropes or attach a “c” clamp.  It does not look possible.

D05857F6-575B-44B0-865E-8D4954F3C024.png

I thought the most likely place would actually be on the opposite side of the balcony from this perspective, where they swing out toward the ocean. It becomes a similar size to a normal balcony over there, I just haven't seen any pictures that offer a good look at that area or where I might mount to.