Come Sail Away - "Live" from Enchantment 11/16 - 11/19

John&LaLa

Muster was easy. Went to spa for 4:15 raffle, it started 10 minutes late.  Didn't win anything from spa, but I did win a lanyard, bag, and pen from NextCruise.  Apparently I'm the only person who knew Spectrum was the next RCI ship.  

After raffle went back to cabin to change for dinner.  Met Yogi our cabin steward and asked for extra blankets.  He said maintenance fixed our AC.

He was mistaken

Left cabin to meet LA and inquire about our block.  Not on the list, go figure.  Plus we verify no Top Tier.  Bummed, definitely in the running for top cruiser.  Found out later we would have been #2. Headed up to CL for cocktails.  Not crowded at all. We did discover that the espresso machine is broken.   Sign says we can go to Lattitudes on deck 6.

20181116_172323.jpg

Bummer.  Don't like the changes on the short cruises.  I always thought the top tier party was a big PR for RCI...apparently I am wrong ...since they have axed it.  Will miss it, always fun to see who the top cruisers are and the tibits of info the officers provide.  Shame.  😞 

And of course...not uncommon...broken coffee machine in one of the lounges.  Was the machine in the DL working?  At least they are right across from each other.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Bummer.  Don't like the changes on the short cruises.  I always thought the top tier party was a big PR for RCI...apparently I am wrong ...since they have axed it.  Will miss it, always fun to see who the top cruisers are and the tibits of info the officers provide.  Shame.  😞 Getting my next block on Mariner 4 night...guess it will show up on my bed...maybe?  No award ceremony then with that one either now I guess.  

And of course...not uncommon...broken coffee machine in one of the lounges.  Was the machine in the DL working?  At least they are right across from each other.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bummer.  Don't like the changes on the short cruises.  I always thought the top tier party was a big PR for RCI...apparently I am wrong ...since they have axed it.  Will miss it, always fun to see who the top cruisers are and the tibits of info the officers provide.  Shame.  😞 

On the 4 night cruises the top cruiser is recognized at the Captains welcome onboard reception on the 2nd night but that's it. Nothing is done on the 3 night cruises.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It might be working, it was turned off at 6am

11 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

On the 4 night cruises the top cruiser is recognized at the Captains welcome onboard reception on the 2nd night but that's it. Nothing is done on the 3 night cruises.

Yep, that's what we were told.  

2 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Aww...that's a shame.  I still remember the best ones were on board little Monarch out of PC.  Great cocktail get together, happy-tiser (even sushi!) as we slid into Nassau about noon.  Was in the large front lounge.  Bloody Marys were flowing as were the lively conversations.  They always pointed out top cruisers.  Was a fun event.  Alas...things are changing...sadly.  😞 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It might be working, it was turned off at 6am

I always found that very annoying.  For some reason (just in the DL) they disconnected the milk line and locked it away overnight.  Did not set it up again until after 8 am when they set up the continental breakfast spread.  Was interested to find out if they are still doing that.  I am up with the sun.  At least (as I was lucky anyway) the machine in the CL was hooked up.  What's a Latte without milk??!!  😮 

• Haha 1

Ok, so last night we left VCL, and went to WJ.  Just didn't feel like MDR.  Jammer was relaxing, lots of tasty dishes.  They even had a whole Turkey on carving station.  The red wine gravy for mashed potatoes was exceptional. 

Sorry no pictures of WJ, but here is drinks in the VCL.  Yes, that's white zin in a brandy glass.  Oh, and leaving deck 11 we got the over load buzzer on the elevator, wasn't even half full.

20181116_212328.jpg

20181116_212349.jpg

20181116_212315.jpg

20181116_174149.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Left cabin to meet LA and inquire about our block.  Not on the list, go figure.  Plus we verify no Top Tier.  Bummed, definitely in the running for top cruiser.  Found out later we would have been #2. Headed up to CL for cocktails.  Not crowded at all. We did discover that the espresso machine is broken.   Sign says we can go to Lattitudes on deck 6.

I have not seen a top tier on Enchantment  in a while.    In August, they had some reserved seating for Pinnacle for  the Captains welcome in the centrum and recognized only  the top cruiser then.    I believe they do NOT  even recognize new cruisers who reach Pinnacle on the ship.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm back, Laura did get off in Freeport.  Found a nice dressy top for $35 plus tax, guess it's not a free port after all.

Had an unexpected  stop in Freeport last January and went to Sands Brewery on our own.  Stopped for lunch at a local spot on the way back .  Had a fun day.

M

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

DL machine was working turned on last weekend.  My wife usually made her way up there around 7-8am.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, John&LaLa said:

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go. 

Since it's just a shortie, we're not checking anything.  Also no formal wear, but I am bringing a navy blazer.  I'll wear it aboard.  

We head over at 12:30 since I dont like dragging bag all over ship.  If its Oasis we go at 11:00 and hang out in SL/CK.

Lala juice is chilling, it gets an insulated bag

20181116_072421.jpg

20181116_072436.jpg

MIZ...

20181116_100012.jpg

I love the red tote bag with the Westie on it. 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

20181116_172323.jpg

When they send you to Latitudes on Deck 6, do you get your latte for free?

Edited by iuki
No idea why this is posting twice. Ugh!

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

20181116_172323.jpg

When they send you to Latitudes on Deck 6, do you get your latte for free?