Diamond and above "Welcome Gift Amenity" Change?

Well I've just checked-in for our B2B next week. The format of which has completely changed since I last used it.

It was so simple!! Which makes me slightly worried that I've somehow missed a few pages that were in the old type online check-in. Still, I have my SetSail Passes in hand -  which have also dramatically changed, and my Bag Tags, which are the same as ever, thank goodness!

I do apologise because I know this will all be old news around here, I haven't visited for a while, so go easy on me. I'm also negotiating this new forum - my beloved CruiseCritic has changed so much too! I feel lost! (So much to get used to!) :D I've tried a few different ways of find my answer, but to no avail (the closest I got was a man asking if could take his bottle of Gin onboard in 2006 :D

SO finally, my question...

Do Diamond/D+/Pinnacle still get welcome aboard "Amenity Gifts"??

I've searched the Royal Site And their FAQ's. Then searched the C&A website for links to "Onboard Preferences" as it used to be called. I found it, but it's all about something else now.

I just wanted to check if our preferences were still the same after all this I.T. work, and perhaps if I wanted to change anything.

If they do actually still exist, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Hi,  hope this link works http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-plus-members/ 

On the "onboard rewards" tab click "Welcome Amenity upon arrival" and you should be  redirected to the welcome gifts list

We email your preferences to Crown and Anchor

Edited by Bloodgem

18 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

Hi,  hope this link works http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-plus-members/ 

On the "onboard rewards" tab click "Welcome Amenity upon arrival" and you should be  redirected to the welcome gifts list

We email your preferences to Crown and Anchor

That's the first time I've seen that link. Great information. Thank you

WOW. That's all can say. For a company that prides itself on high technology and a futuristic image. That's a ridiculous step back! I found the page 'BloodGem' but I doubt I'm going to spend any time writing an email, first to check if they still know my preferences, and second because a can of Coke and bottle of water is really not worth the time.

I wonder if I'll still get what I always have  done or if everyone now has to go through this procedure.

This will save big bucks, but as everyone knows - Don't Upset The Loyals!

4 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

WOW. That's all can say. For a company that prides itself on high technology and a futuristic image. That's a ridiculous step back! I found the page 'BloodGem' but I doubt I'm going to spend any time writing an email, first to check if they still know my preferences, and second because a can of Coke and bottle of water is really not worth the time.

I wonder if I'll still get what I always have  done or if everyone now has to go through this procedure.

This will save big bucks, but as everyone knows - Don't Upset The Loyals!

Funny I have sailed almost all of the "mass market'" US based cruise lines and one of my favorite C & A benefits is the welcome aboard "Amenity Gift". It's great that I don't have to lug any water on board . FYI, 4 to 8 bottles is what is usually in our room. 

Our last cruise on Allure we were new Diamond (via Celebrity).

I had read here about the amenity, but never got around to calling.  I suppose I thought we'd get something automatically.

We didn't get anything, so I guess you have to call with your preference.

6 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

WOW. That's all can say. For a company that prides itself on high technology and a futuristic image. That's a ridiculous step back!

Yes, CEO Fain keeps touting that, but the reality of their IT system is a world apart from his promises.

BTW, you should get whatever was last selected as your gift. Go to the LA on board, to get/set your gift.