Unconventional bedding

MD_Dan

Hello,

Its not a question exclusive to RCI but I don't know where else to ask it!

My DW likes to sleet without fixed top sheets.  The bottom sheet is as most, but there is not top sheet.  At home, she has a comforter.  She tosses and turns so much, she rolls herself up in the comforter.  At home, we share a bed but have different sheet/blanket configurations.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Dan

The only thing I can suggest is you sleep under the top sheet, and she sleeps on top of it, but under the comforter.  That way her rolling around can twist up the comforter, but you still end up with the top sheet on you.

Of course this is not conducive to an "canoodling". :classic_biggrin:

In the cabin the double bed is really just two beds pushed together. You could ask for the beds to be together but separate single bedding on both rather than double-bed sheets. You could even have the beds apart if you want.

Edited by Jimnbigd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I'm just wondering how often those comforters are cleaned?  I'm not sure I would sleep under just a comforter in a hotel or on a cruise ship.  

The new white comforters are probably washed every 2-3 days, and certainly between different guests.  Now the decorative fabric they lay across the foot of the bed.... who knows!

1 hour ago, LittleMissMagic said:

The new white comforters are probably washed every 2-3 days, and certainly between different guests.  Now the decorative fabric they lay across the foot of the bed.... who knows!

Outer Bedding not changed that often. Sail usually 21-42+ nites on Royal each stay, currently on 9th of 21 nites in same corner/Aft cabin and still same comforter. Make tiny mark my sheets so know they have been changed. Hotels will change sheets between guests or once a week but Blankets/Bedspreads usually about once a month. Have lived/stayed in Hotels 25+ out of last 35yrs so always concerned about changed bedding, often use my own Comforter(long term stays) so probably little "Anal" about cleanliness(as Ex calls me). Never walk around room barefoot though when staying at Hotel for multiple months I even have them shampoo my carpet and changed Air Filters... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, LittleMissMagic said:

There is no way they are washing them that often........    and probably not even after each cruise.   It's the sheets that get laundered often.

I would never sleep in a hotel or cruise ship without the sheets.  There is just no way to know how long it's been since the other bedding has been washed.

Edited by bouhunter

4 hours ago, bouhunter said:

There is no way they are washing them that often........    and probably not even after each cruise.   It's the sheets that get laundered often.

I would never sleep in a hotel or cruise ship without the sheets.  There is just no way to know how long it's been since the other bedding has been washed.

Maybe I'm mistaken as to the type of comforter that they have on the beds, but I know that at Disneyland Resort, white duvets are washed always between different guests occupying the room, and every 4 nights for guests with longer stays.  The reason for the switch over to the white duvet was for easier, more frequent laundering.  I'd imagine Royal Caribbean would at least wash between guests.

Just ask for exactly what you like...they will be glad to accommodate.

THIS

I like my top sheets untucked and am always 'warm' while DW is cold ..... we explain how we'd like the bed made up on the first day and are always accommodated. And I reward the effort with a lil extra tip on top of the standard/included.

<Mrs is tucked and has a blanket on her side and I get an untucked top sheet ......>

Edited by Capt_BJ

5 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Just ask for exactly what you like...they will be glad to accommodate.

THIS

I like my top sheets untucked and am always 'warm' while DW is cold ..... we explain how we'd like the bed made up on the first day and are always accommodated. And I reward the effort with a lil extra tip on top of the standard/included.

<Mrs is tucked and has a blanket on her side and I get an untucked top sheet ......>

LOL, the first thing I do before going to sleep is untuck the sheet