An odd thing happened to me when I booked a cabin

Hflors

We are booked on the Rotterdam Cabin E 2707.  I originally put it on hold thru HAL and then transferred the booking to our travel agent.  While doing some research to find out if Rotterdam has "sel de Mar" / Pinnicle grill I happened to look at the cabin on an alternate travel site and found out the cabin has an obstructed view. I went back to the HAL site, but since the cabin is booked it didn't show anything but red covering the whole cabin. 

When I first looked at the alternate travel site I thought the triangle meant that a 3rd person was allowed in the state room.  No the triangle means this is an obstructed view stateroom (see the pic below.  I found it from someone's review of this cabin).  I checked the prices for the other "E" category cabins and found that I had paid the exact amount!  The HAL rep. must have known that this cabin is an obstructed view. I think she should have told me.  And I still don't understand why it is listed as an "E".   Anyway I called my TA this morning and told her what I had found and her reply was "no you booked an "E"  that is not an obstructed view.  So she and I went online and checked out HAL's deck plans for Rotterdam.   Sure enough it is obstructed as you can see by the picture.  (I am hoping the left window has been replaced since this pic was taken.)  

Luckily for me my TA was able to get the cabin next to this one for us for our cruise.  If I had gone onboard and found that I paid for an "E" category and got a "h" cabin I would not be a happy camper.   Just wanted everyone to know what I found.   PS:  I know some will say it's only stairs blocking the view, but for me the point is if I had wanted an obstructed view I would have purchased an obstructed cabin and saved a bit of money in doing so.  I want a clear view of the back of the ship.

2702 rotter dam cabin obstructed view.jpg

23 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Stairs or no stairs I agree with you and would consider that an obstructed view.  Always a good idea to check reviews of cabins.  Good work on your part, enjoy your cruise.

I agree and am happy you dis covered  this in  time to get a ca bin you like better.  IMO, the stairs do make it an obstructed view.    Great your TA got it 'fixed'  quickly.  🙂

" PS:  I know some will say it's only stairs blocking the view, but for me the point is if I had wanted an obstructed view I would have purchased an obstructed cabin and saved a bit of money in doing so.  I want a clear view of the back of the ship."

Right...until it's loaded with people! Good job getting this corrected in time.