GoPro on body-mount gimbal for Horseback riding?

ProgRockCruiser

We've booked the Carnival excursion for horseback riding in St Maarten "Scenic Trail and Sea Ride", be there a few weeks from now.

We've picked up a GoPro and I've got a way to body mount it to my chest.  Yeah, still gonna be "bumpy" from the horse movements, but better than just purely handheld.

Comments for the tour mention folks bringing their own cameras, and I've seen YouTube GoPro video of some kind of horseback riding in St Maarten, but I could not discern if it was this tour.

Anyone taken a GoPro on this Carnival horse back tour?  With a body-mount gimbal?  

My wife may hold the GoPro while me+horse go into water, and vice versa.

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

We've booked the Carnival excursion for horseback riding in St Maarten "Scenic Trail and Sea Ride", be there a few weeks from now.

We've picked up a GoPro and I've got a way to body mount it to my chest.  Yeah, still gonna be "bumpy" from the horse movements, but better than just purely handheld.

Comments for the tour mention folks bringing their own cameras, and I've seen YouTube GoPro video of some kind of horseback riding in St Maarten, but I could not discern if it was this tour.

Anyone taken a GoPro on this Carnival horse back tour?  With a body-mount gimbal?  

My wife may hold the GoPro while me+horse go into water, and vice versa.

How did this end up going for you?  Were you pleased with the horseback riding excursion?   If you did take video, I’d love to see it! 

13 hours ago, mes045 said:

How did this end up going for you?  Were you pleased with the horseback riding excursion?   If you did take video, I’d love to see it! 

Hey, yeah, it went very well!  The horseback riding was very nice - not the longest ride I've been on, but "good enough" for a touristy thing on an island.  Horses very calm -  they do the same route three or four times a day, so they know the routine.  I do feel a bit for the horses - they are relatively small (as all island horses seem to be), not like the big horses I've ridden in Alberta.

I did get video, wearing the GoPro on my chest as planned with the gimbal, and even wore it out into our ocean-wading - water only got up to my knees.  It looks pretty good - the gimbal definitely helps keep it smooth.  I did a basic video edit, but it needs cleaning up.

The video will get published to YouTube or somewhere eventually - I don't even remember if I shared any of the basic edit to Facebook yet for my relatives and friends.  I need to complete my photo and video processing from the trip - been way too busy with other stuff, apparently.  If/when I get it out there, I'll post a link.