Will someone get on this Ship???

MizDemeanor

On 11/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, MizDemeanor said:

And report back... I am dying to know what its like!

There will be many bloggers, but starting on November 21...Vt will be sharing tons of information, so look for her to post!

Edited by Lastdance

I can't wait! if If recall correctly there used to be people they allowed on board,*I think* while still at shipyard, to show off and introduce the ship and cabins. Travel agents were invited and one person who was a photographer comes to mind, but for the life of me at this moment I can't recall his name. 

I am not seeing that sort of thing occuring with this ship aside from all the hard work here of a few dedicated and entusiatic individuals (Thank You!!!) who are pulling it together here. 

I wonder if it will happen soon.

Actually, my 1st cruise is Nov 25th, 1 week from today. The 21st cruise is the employee shakedown with CEO's and the next 2 days are labeled as "training" per Peter. This is what I have pieced together for a schedule (she may arrive at 0800 tomorrow though):

image.thumb.png.d2344bbe9c692ee52addb06f8b939c8e.png

I will be onboard Nov 25 -29 (first two non-revenue Press and Trade cruises) and then Dec 1-4 for the first revenue cruise. I did see that it is supposed to be sunny and 82 on Sunday!!

We are in an IV for the first two nights so will report back on the IVs and MDRs, a portside midship S1 the second two nights and an aft S1 on the 3 day cruise at the end so will have access to the Retreat life. On the Press and Trade cruises there should be some open cabins/suites to view so that would be a plus. I have a list of questions that have been asked on CC (and my own) and will do my best to find answers.

I will be posting on here frequently throughout those 7 days/nights - I have free Wi-Fi for all cruises (hope it works!).  My goal for this trifecta of mini cruises is to explore, interview, measure, photograph, experience and taste my way through the whole ship. :classic_biggrin:

I am so excited, but panicking a bit about getting ready!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Actually, my 1st cruise is Nov 25th, 1 week from today. The 21st cruise is the employee shakedown with CEO's and the next 2 days are labeled as "training" per Peter. This is what I have pieced together for a schedule (she may arrive at 0800 tomorrow though):

image.thumb.png.d2344bbe9c692ee52addb06f8b939c8e.png

I will be onboard Nov 25 -29 (first two non-revenue Press and Trade cruises) and then Dec 1-4 for the first revenue cruise. I did see that it is supposed to be sunny and 82 on Sunday!!

We are in an IV for the first two nights so will report back on the IVs and MDRs, a portside midship S1 the second two nights and an aft S1 on the 3 day cruise at the end so will have access to the Retreat life. On the Press and Trade cruises there should be some open cabins/suites to view so that would be a plus. I have a list of questions that have been asked on CC (and my own) and will do my best to find answers.

I will be posting on here frequently throughout those 7 days/nights - I have free Wi-Fi for all cruises (hope it works!).  My goal for this trifecta of mini cruises is to explore, interview, measure, photograph, experience and taste my way through the whole ship. :classic_biggrin:

I am so excited, but panicking a bit about getting ready!!

Just curious, which cabin are you in for the second cruise?

10 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ah, okay. We'll be in 11201 one deck up for our cruise. Those two cabins should be the same but I'm really curious to see one of those S2's on Deck 10 and how they differ from our S1s.

12 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ah, okay. We'll be in 11201 one deck up for our cruise. Those two cabins should be the same but I'm really curious to see one of those S2's on Deck 10 and how they differ from our S1s.

I am going to try to figure that out. Hopefully, one of the S2's will be open for viewing.

VT, okay.... another item to look at when you are on the ship. First of all, I am a worrier by nature... tell me your problem and I will worry about it... it is just the way I am. So what am I worried about? Well Mr. Edge. Yes Mrs. Edge. Looking at the photos... his back end appears to be close to the railing... about 6 inches or so from it. My irrational fear is that someone will place a young child on its back and while taking a photo that child will slide off the back... and over the rail. Okay, you would have to be dumb to do that...but somehow people manage to fall off ships...doing dumb stuff.. more frequently than you would think. Can you 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 1.33.09 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

I will be on EDGE on the 1st Dec preview cruise.

Might post some stuff here then.

Very curious to go.

However, if a dozen bloggers did it before me, I might spend my time doing elsewhat  :classic_biggrin:

Ditto for us.  Not interested in repeating the same info.  Our personal decision whether 👍 or 👎 will be made as we debark.  We are hoping to be amazed.

19 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

I will be on EDGE on the 1st Dec preview cruise.

Might post some stuff here then.

Very curious to go.

However, if a dozen bloggers did it before me, I might spend my time doing elsewhat  :classic_biggrin:

People post live blogs here all the time on ships that have been around for many years. Don’t hold back just because someone else posted before you. Your experience will always be different from someone else’s. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I will be on the Nov 27 cruise.  The Fort Lauderdale United Way received 250 cabins to use to obtain contributions.  I will be doing a complete review of all the venues, entertainment, available cabins and menus.  

I can't wait to read your review and I'm sure your pictures will be amazing!! :classic_smile:

29 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

People post live blogs here all the time on ships that have been around for many years. Don’t hold back just because someone else posted before you. Your experience will always be different from someone else’s. 

I always follow your live reviews and even when I was on the same ship as you, we had different experiences! I was reading your blog to see what I was missing.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

VT, okay.... another item to look at when you are on the ship. First of all, I am a worrier by nature... tell me your problem and I will worry about it... it is just the way I am. So what am I worried about? Well Mr. Edge. Yes Mrs. Edge. Looking at the photos... his back end appears to be close to the railing... about 6 inches or so from it. My irrational fear is that someone will place a young child on its back and while taking a photo that child will slide off the back... and over the rail. Okay, you would have to be dumb to do that...but somehow people manage to fall off ships...doing dumb stuff.. more frequently than you would think. Can you 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 1.33.09 PM.png

I am not sure where his final resting place will be, but I imagine someone else will think of the kid on the horse concern (though more likely to be a drunk adult 😉). They must have safety inspectors watching over things. I will check it out and hopefully put your mind at ease. :classic_smile:

42 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Thank you, that is true.
It´s just that I grew up without Internet, and when I´m on vacation, after a while I tend to prefer living like that again... :classic_dry:

We will see.

18 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I am not sure where his final resting place will be, but I imagine someone else will think of the kid on the horse concern (though more likely to be a drunk adult 😉). They must have safety inspectors watching over things. I will check it out and hopefully put your mind at ease. :classic_smile:

Beachbunny6 reported that Mr Edge has been moved near the Sunset Bar this morning.

I am not in travel industry. Oh well, in some way I am, but I move goods, not guests. By plane, not by ship.

I gave up on Celebrity few years ago cause my personal opinion was that their pricing could no longer catch up with what I got from them.

However, I always said that I will give it another try once they start a new ship class. So, here I am. And luckily made it onto the inofficial maiden voyage.

We will see if Celebrity is back at what they used to be or not.