Cruise out of Hamburg

jneaves

Don't know about the Preziosa but Hamburg is a good choice (ok I have to admit that it is my hometown and I  am not objective 😉 ) and a cruise to Norway and its Fjords is absolutely beautiful! We did it this summer for the first time. 

Edited by puschi1906

We visited HAM for 4 days last summer, before boarding MSC Preziosa from Kiel.

HAM is a beautiful city and the city center lakes are fantastic. We were impressed with the public transit, cleanliness of the city and enjoyable walking streets (we were near the central rail station). 

On site, we noticed MSC tents set up outside the Hauptbanhof.  We went to say hello.  It’s pretty clear that that site is a shuttle drop for current pax, and those boarding.  The tens was there morning to evening.

Suggestion : Miniature Wonderland is #1 on some Trip advice site.  This a must do.  Even better, find and get the “behind the scenes”.  Super kid friendly as well.

if you have no kids, and are inclined towards engineering or flight, note that Airbus has a Final Assembly Plant in HAM.  Awesome visit. 

6 minutes ago, Zephyr173 said:

We visited HAM for 4 days last summer, before boarding MSC Preziosa from Kiel.

HAM is a beautiful city and the city center lakes are fantastic. We were impressed with the public transit, cleanliness of the city and enjoyable walking streets (we were near the central rail station). 

On site, we noticed MSC tents set up outside the Hauptbanhof.  We went to say hello.  It’s pretty clear that that site is a shuttle drop for current pax, and those boarding.  The tens was there morning to evening.

Suggestion : Miniature Wonderland is #1 on some Trip advice site.  This a must do.  Even better, find and get the “behind the scenes”.  Super kid friendly as well.

if you have no kids, and are inclined towards engineering or flight, note that Airbus has a Final Assembly Plant in HAM.  Awesome visit. 

If you have no kids I would suggest the Reeperbahn :classic_biggrin: