Ruined surprise

yummysbakery

23 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I am surprised you expect NCL to read your mind and intention.

I don’t expect them to read my mind nor intentions. The facts are I have always been listed as the primary passenger. I checked in online for both of us...

i did not respond to this posting nor others because I just got home from working a 15 hour day.

i did check the reservation and it is still showing the correct addresses for both of us. 

The only reason I posted this originally was I didn’t understand how this happens and I was disappointed and mad I couldn’t have the surprise on Christmas as planned. 

To those who had similar experiences thank you for sharing them. To those who stuck up for me to the negative comments or comments that went off point making this seem like it was about my friend opening my mail which it wasn’t thank you also. 

I take comments on this board in stride so I  don’t and won’t get into a war of words with some posters. 

Happy cruising!

I can understand how you are feeling.  I book all cruises for my  husband and I, including putting them on my personal credit card.  He has nothing to do with anything  other than driving us to the port and going on the cruise.  The e-docs come to my email address, but that is all.  Everything else goes to his personal email,  as well as the phone calls when they had the old upgrade system.  I have called NCL more than once to have my name be the contact person.  To know avail.  

12 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The truth at times is hard to handle.  

It *can* be unnecessarily rough in here. I am not shy or easily hurt and I have hesitated at times to write posts I would have except for that fact. And that’s not a good thing In my view. It just seems some people lay out truth to be mean, or to feel superior, or to get aggressive out with strangers. I don’t aim this at you or anyone in particular, but it is sometimes a little more than the “truth” being dished out (and even “truth” can be said far more nicely than some do here). Being a “Dawg” I just feel sure you mother would agree with me 😉 What would Vince do? 😬 I hope your day over in Peachtree City as nice one and all that rain stayed at bay! 😊

Lynn

22 hours ago, richstowe said:

Ya ! Silly them . They came on to vent, possibly to get some sympathy or maybe just neutral posts and advice . Instead they got a bunch of hostile comments and tsk tsks . My goodness, why wouldn't they come back to experience more of this pleasure .

what do you think we should all do, say "shame on NCL"? Most of us understand her venting but to post this on CC is a bit silly wouldn't you think?

21 hours ago, electro said:

The truth is that NCL should not be sending mail to the wrong address. If passenger number 2 has a different address than passenger 1, they should not sent passenger 1's mail to passenger 2's address. this should not be a difficult concept. What happens after the mail is sent does not change the fact that NCL sent it to the wrong address.

This exactly. The best course of action would be to contact NCL directly and explain what happened and why you are upset. And it is a problem, obviously some sort of a glitch in their booking system. We had this happen last year. I was receiving info for my mother's cruise, things were coming for our own cruise in my 12 year old son's name. My sister received an itinerary change that none of the rest of us received. I got a phone call from an NCL cruise consultant at midnight, chewing me out because my sister had called to make a complaint. It was completely bonkers. None of our bookings should have been linked to one another, and there's a definite breach of privacy risk there, depending on the info being sent out.

NCL needs to iron out the glitches in their booking system, but that won't happen if people complain here instead of directly to NCL.

• Like 1