Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruisinghawg

Currently on Indy send me some questions

Recommended Posts

Just sailed today on Indy and have seen no issues. Well except they didn't have prime rib in Chops. 

 

Ask any question and I will try to answer.

 

And I can see why some do not like this ship....and it has nothing to do with the ship or class of ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have me curious.  We are cruising on the Indy in a few weeks. Why do you see some people do not like the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed on Indy prior to the changes. I personally didn't care for the layout of the ship. We seemed to always have to go thru the casino. Nothing stood out with the staff but to me, there is no such thing as a bad cruise!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the policy on coffee cards?  One punch no matter the size, or multiple punches for larger sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ubish00 said:

You have me curious.  We are cruising on the Indy in a few weeks. Why do you see some people do not like the ship?

Some on here have suggested that this ship is lacking in some areas. This class is just a larger version of Voyager class. But it deploys in Europe so the personnel are more accustomed to accommodating that clientele.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

We sailed on Indy prior to the changes. I personally didn't care for the layout of the ship. We seemed to always have to go thru the casino. Nothing stood out with the staff but to me, there is no such thing as a bad cruise!!

This is our first time on this class and the layout is confusing. Yes deck four is not laid out very well. When you have the Schooner bar the casino then Playmakers all in a row that deck can be eliminated by some people. My wife for instance is very allergic to cigarette smoke so the Schooner and Playmakers are off limits for us. To get to the diamond lounge you can only access floor 14 in 1 bank of elevators. The staff is great and the ship is clean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

What is the policy on coffee cards?  One punch no matter the size, or multiple punches for larger sizes.

Bob I will check and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

This is our first time on this class and the layout is confusing. Yes deck four is not laid out very well. When you have the Schooner bar the casino then Playmakers all in a row that deck can be eliminated by some people. My wife for instance is very allergic to cigarette smoke so the Schooner and Playmakers are off limits for us. To get to the diamond lounge you can only access floor 14 in 1 bank of elevators. The staff is great and the ship is clean. 

yes!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jimkathyd1 said:

Any signs of the 4000 Swingers  left hanging around form the previous week?

Yes there was and is.....no prime rib or mac and cheese in Chops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think some have remained on board!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloesimon said:

Now that the Suite Lounge is larger, how busy is it?

Not very on this cruise. We are in a Junior Suite and were allowed to sit and board with the suites. No pinnacles on this sailing. Diamond lounge is nice but you can only get specialty coffee.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

What is the policy on coffee cards?  One punch no matter the size, or multiple punches for larger sizes.

What the barista told me was no matter the size it is only one swipe. Hope this helps and the card is 39 dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

I'm curious how crowded it feels, I've seen a lot of comments about it since they added so many new rooms.

Does not seem crowded at all. I have read the same but other than muster have not experienced any over crowding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monty11 said:

How much is the Drink Package on board?

I think it is 68 a day. However at some point they may offer a drink card for the remainder of the cruise. Not sure about this as it is just a 5 day cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Just sailed today on Indy and have seen no issues. Well except they didn't have prime rib in Chops. 

 

Ask any question and I will try to answer.

 

Has the cruise indicated they are happy the customers are keeping their close on this week?  😁:classic_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

 Hope this helps and the card is 39 dollars

Is that with grats? It's supposed to be $31+18% or 36.58.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're sailing Indy in 2.5 weeks.  Can't wait!

Just wondering when/what time (s) Grease is playing on your cruise?  We're on 4 day so may be different but good to get an idea.  

Enjoy your cruise?  Ship looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any websites/internet app that are backdoor accessible without paying for internet? For example, discord app works in Harmony without the internet package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

^ that only works on ships with the Royal IQ app - won't work on Indy.

Does RCI app on Indy allow any backdoor access to any page/app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...