Cruise Critic Community
cruisinghawg

Currently on Indy send me some questions

2 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

The wait time was10 minutes according to several that "landed". It seemed shorter just watching. Not as many kids on this sailing as one sees on other ships during Thanksgiving.

I really appreciate you coming back to report that! That wait time seems quite reasonable. I hope you all had a fantastic cruise!

22 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Lobster was tonight which is the 4th night of our cruise. DW was given 2 because they were so small.

Are you on a 5, 6, or 7plus night cruise?

On 11/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, cruisinghawg said:

Lobster was tonight which is the 4th night of our cruise. DW was given 2 because they were so small.

Thank you for letting us know.

Which night was Grease? What times were the performances?

Would you please take pictures and post the kids' club for 3 year olds?

You are awesome!

31 minutes ago, love2gocruzin said:

So you did get lobster on a 5 night cruise?  I thought they were no longer serving it on cruises that were shorter than a week.

I've heard this too...

1 hour ago, love2gocruzin said:

So you did get lobster on a 5 night cruise?  I thought they were no longer serving it on cruises that were shorter than a week.

They previously said lobster was on the 4th night of the 5 night cruise.

21 hours ago, FrannyK said:

How was the food in the dining room?  Specialty restaurants?

Food was good in Main Dining Room. Good to Very Good in the Windjammer. And both Chops and Giovanni's was excellent. This is just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Katemusical said:

Which night was Grease? What times were the performances?

Would you please take pictures and post the kids' club for 3 year olds?

You are awesome!

Grease was the 2nd night at 6 and 9. It ran for 90 minutes with no intermission. Sorry I did not take any pics.

1 hour ago, love2gocruzin said:

Yes on night 4 of a 5 night.

8 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Yes on night 4 of a 5 night.

On a 5 night, does formal night fall on the 4th night?  I assumed there was only one formal night, but it is normally the first sea day so the fact that lobster is the 4th night threw me off.

Also, do you have any advice for getting our dining time changed?  We have late but would prefer early.

Where is the best place for sail away? Any must do things?  First time On this ship in 2 weeks!

Thanks

3 hours ago, love2gocruzin said:

On a 5 night, does formal night fall on the 4th night?  I assumed there was only one formal night, but it is normally the first sea day so the fact that lobster is the 4th night threw me off.

Also, do you have any advice for getting our dining time changed?  We have late but would prefer early.

Go straight to the Maitre'D when you get on board and ask to switch. If you booked through a TA then they could get that done. And if you booked your own you may try calling and good luck with that! 

39 minutes ago, music said:

Where is the best place for sail away? Any must do things?  First time On this ship in 2 weeks!

Thanks

You will be on deck 4 for the muster drill, after that concludes go forward until you come to a set of stairs. Take the stairs up to deck 5 where you will walk through a cover area that spills out to the bow where the helipad is located. There you can do your own rendition of "on top of the world". This is the best place for sail-a-way.

44 minutes ago, music said:

Thanks

Oh must do things. ICE SHOW is must do, if you are football fans Playmakers is a hoot, On the helipad at anytime while at sea. Grease was okay, the Headliner we have seen on every other cruise we have been on so didn't go, rarely saw the CD but no biggie for us. Let me say that really really enjoyed this ship and would go on her again

1 hour ago, music said:

Thanks

Another option for sailaway is deck 13 forward.

6 hours ago, love2gocruzin said:

Formal night was 2nd night.

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Formal night was 2nd night.

Thanks!  We are used to lobster being served on formal night.  I am just trying to decide about Chops.

21 hours ago, love2gocruzin said:

Thanks!  We are used to lobster being served on formal night.  I am just trying to decide about Chops.

We are also used to lobster only on formal night.  So I am assuming now that there is NO lobster on night 2, which is formal night.  Just seems odd to me.  I will change my specialty restaurant reservations.

11 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

We are also used to lobster only on formal night.  So I am assuming now that there is NO lobster on night 2, which is formal night.  Just seems odd to me.  I will change my specialty restaurant reservations.

On a ship that has two formal nights, the "free" lobster is almost always on the second formal night.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

On a ship that has two formal nights, the "free" lobster is almost always on the second formal night.

That is true.  So is night 4 a second formal night?  I assumed there was only one formal night on a 5 night cruise.  That's been our experience in the past.