Gin and tonic

April Jewel

Anyone know what types of gin and tonic Celebrity serve?  Looking forward to our cruise next week and I'm partial to a nice gin and tonic (flavoured or otherwise) and wondered if anyone knew what sorts of both gin and tonic they have available.

Thanks

Tammy

Never seen fever tree tonic. They usually bring it ready mixed and I suspect it's the stuff that comes out of those push button things you see in UK pubs. We have sometimes asked for low calorie tonic and been given Canada Dry in a small bottle. Also I have never seen any flavoured gins. 

Based on my experience from November 2017 with the Classic bev package, tonic is just seen by Celebrity as something to add to the gin to make it into a long drink. I’ve been given Canada Dry as well as another brand I can’t remember the name of. It has come from either cans or litre bottles that may have been open for some time, and you may get the end of one can/bottle and the start of another.

I think you will find the range of gins is perhaps two or three with Star of Bombay at the top.... not quite what is available in many UK gin bars with twenty or thirty to choose from with Star of Bombay near the bottom......(Tanqueray ten is in  a different league compared to  Star of Bombay)...

I had a long discussion with Jamie Pett in Michael's last year and we agreed that the US had a long way to go to catch up with the UK gin scene  

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redking said:

We requested it before we sailed on the Solstice last year. Sadly didn't get it.

Forgot to say that our barman in Micheal's Club, Jonathan, made up his own tonic. We had some amazing G & Ts from him which made up for the lack of Fevertree.

My visits to London are always enhanced by the variety of gins and tonics not normally found here in Minnesota.

My wife only drinks diet tonic so she is quite happy with the Canada Dry offering on Celebrity.

I on the other hand soldier on and switch to Bombay Sapphire martinis

Oh Harmony of the Seas this past June I could get "The Botanist" gin which is amazing.  I'm surprised at the meager selection of gins.  Oh, well.  I'm still a bourbon gal even if a dear friend is trying to convert me to gin (and it's working!).

I wish they had fever tree tonic, but I get why they don't. I'll remind hubby he can get diet tonic.