Oriana Walking on deck

davidcrackers

About 3 & a bit laps to the mile, if I remember correctly...and if you set your walking app on your phone you can make bonny loopy oval patterns as you circle the decks at 3mph whilst Oriana ploughs on at 19knts. (Please use WiFi Responsibly😄)

I think the plaque on the wall gives 3 circuits as exactly one mile.  There’s a one-way system (impeccably observed in my experience) and lots of places where it’s wide enough to lap slower walkers ... a some ‘pinch points’ where you’ll just have to be patient.

I am the one that doesn't observe the one way system! I always seem to be walking the opposite way to every one else when I do my laps first thing in the morning; but I like that because it means I face every one as I walk round and can wish them a "Good Morning"!

Michele

19 hours ago, Mewat said:

I am the one that doesn't observe the one way system! I always seem to be walking the opposite way to every one else when I do my laps first thing in the morning; but I like that because it means I face every one as I walk round and can wish them a "Good Morning"!

Michele

I'm with you Michele.  I always seem to walk in the opposite direction and very much enjoy saying Good Morning to everyone.  I must admit that I have done a number of cruises on the lovely Oriana but have never realised there was a specific direction to walk around the Promenade Deck!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just been on the Oriana and loved walking around deck.

If the weather is windy or the sea is a little choppy, part of the deck closes and you cant walk all the way round....so you have to walk through the ship outside the theatre to get to the other side.

One side also closes when bunkering is happening.

Its 3.3 laps to a mile and we saw signs saying no jogging or running, but NO signs saying it was one way.

Most people walked Anti-clockwise.