Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dcocke

Alcohol package upgrade

Recommended Posts

Does celebrity ever offer pre-boarding specials to upgrade from classic to premium alcohol package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last few months there have been two (2) opportunities.

 

There is NO schedule for these offerings... watch and jump on it, if offered otherwise wait until boarding to see if there are any there.. sometimes there are, most often there are not.

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Bo says, yes. We upgraded from classic to prem during a weekend sale when the cost to upgrade was 20% off. 

 

Please note - we are on a cruise in December 2018 and booked before X increased the price of both standard and classic bev packages. For new bookings (I believe) difference between Classic and Prem is $10 + 18% gratuity. This is LESS than when we booked (for our sailing, the difference between classic and prem was $14 + 18%)

 

SO now that the difference in price between packages is lower than it was, it's hard to say if the sale offer will be the same.

 

For some history, there was a sale at the end of July, 2018 and again in late October for our sailing. The sale included upgrading the bev package as well as a sale on wifi packages and some shore excursions. Don't know if the sale is fleet/sailing wide or offered on selected sailings only though I've read that these offers are generally NOT offered on TA sailings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can not get a deal to upgrade and have to do it onboard.....Don't use the first person who asks..........

 

WAIT & Go to the bar you will regularly use and ask the server if they usually work at this bar (On embarkation day they sometimes have swing people filling in at popular spots)

 

Upgrade with the server you will hopefully see everyday...they will remember you because, according to these boards, they get at least a piece of the gratuity from your upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last cruise on the Reflection 10 nights, I had the Classic Package, I was offered to upgrade to Premium Package on embarkation while having lunch in MDR.

I thought it was a good deal, at the time, a waiter offered me the difference of 10 days for the price of 8 days.

On my next cruise next year I also have the Classic Package, I will not upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are elite plus, you may get the drink package discount applied to your upgrade....IF you upgrade on the ship. I did and I forgot 🙂 to ask if that was Celebrity's policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mmsJack said:

As Bo says, yes. We upgraded from classic to prem during a weekend sale when the cost to upgrade was 20% off. 

 

Please note - we are on a cruise in December 2018 and booked before X increased the price of both standard and classic bev packages. For new bookings (I believe) difference between Classic and Prem is $10 + 18% gratuity. This is LESS than when we booked (for our sailing, the difference between classic and prem was $14 + 18%)

 

SO now that the difference in price between packages is lower than it was, it's hard to say if the sale offer will be the same.

 

For some history, there was a sale at the end of July, 2018 and again in late October for our sailing. The sale included upgrading the bev package as well as a sale on wifi packages and some shore excursions. Don't know if the sale is fleet/sailing wide or offered on selected sailings only though I've read that these offers are generally NOT offered on TA sailings. 

Pretty sure the Classic price increase is based on the cruise departure date rather than the booking date. So for departures on or after 1/1/19 the Classic is now $59 plus 18% and the upgrade will be $10 +18% unless you find a sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Pretty sure the Classic price increase is based on the cruise departure date rather than the booking date. So for departures on or after 1/1/19 the Classic is now $59 plus 18% and the upgrade will be $10 +18% unless you find a sale.

Yup - You well may be correct... 

 

I've read some conflicting info on the timing of the new pricing & thus included the *I believe* disclaimer. 

 

Not sure when the OP is traveling but I can report that a discount on the bev package upgrade was available a couple times for our sailing in December and we can't wait for 🍹on our 🛳️!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect there will be sales this coming Friday since it's Black Friday and RCL had great discounts on beverage packages, excursions, etc, during that sale.

 

I upgraded during the previous sale, but couldn't do it online.  I guess since my package was a perk, it didn't "know" that I had it so I had to call to get the upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I suspect there will be sales this coming Friday since it's Black Friday and RCL had great discounts on beverage packages, excursions, etc, during that sale.

 

I upgraded during the previous sale, but couldn't do it online.  I guess since my package was a perk, it didn't "know" that I had it so I had to call to get the upgrade.

 

Has anyone seen Black Friday discounts on beverage packages?   Are they through Celebrity or something a TA offers for new bookings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Has anyone seen Black Friday discounts on beverage packages?   Are they through Celebrity or something a TA offers for new bookings?

 

This weekend a popular TA will let you upgrade to Go Best/all four perks for $200 on a 7 night cruise. Google a little bit and you should be able to find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...