Anyone done Swimming with Pigs at GSC?

jdvmd

• 4 months later...

When I first saw this topic I thought it was a joke. After doing a little research I found the information about swimming with the pigs on Pig Island. After reading several articles I have to ask a question that I hope will not insult anyone. WHY?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, kenb said:

When I first saw this topic I thought it was a joke. After doing a little research I found the information about swimming with the pigs on Pig Island. After reading several articles I have to ask a question that I hope will not insult anyone. WHY?

This excursion is not the one with feral pigs on Exzuma. This one is an island where they have brought pigs to swim with. This is the real one https://www.bahamas.com/official-home-swimming-pigs, not the NCL one.

1 hour ago, kenb said:

You mean you don't find swimming with swine enticing?   Is the water bacon flavored?    lol

This subject has been brought up a few times.  Search the titles for key word "pigs".  I honestly don't know why anyone would want to swim with pigs on GSC when it's $30 less to swim with the Stingrays. 

FYI, my brother-in-law will let you wallow with the pigs on his farm for half the price...just saying.  😄

• Haha 1

I would love to go to Pig Beach on Big Major Cay in the Exumas to swim with the pigs, partly because the beach is so remote and gorgeous!  It's unique because of the wild (but friendly) pigs who inhabit it.  But bringing pigs to NCL's island to swim with as a paid controlled excursion seems kinda stupid.  

Not the same thing, but I'd be nervous.  We went on a swamp tour in Louisiana.  The boat stopped near a herd of feral pigs and they were scary.  They were trying to climb onto the boat and fighting among themselves.