Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community
Cirving

Coral world and coki beach with toddler

We are heading to St Thomas in March from carnival breeze. Was wondering if this was a reasonable excursion with a 3 year old? Planned on check out coral world and then relaxing on beach. Would we have trouble finding transportation?

On 11/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, Cirving said:

We are heading to St Thomas in March from carnival breeze. Was wondering if this was a reasonable excursion with a 3 year old? Planned on check out coral world and then relaxing on beach. Would we have trouble finding transportation?

I will be there in January with a 3 y/o and 14 month old. If you don't get any response I will let you know how we nade out. My daughter and I (mom of the little ones) are doing the Snuba at Coral World. The men (Hubby and S-I-L) are taking the little ones to Coral world, then we will all meet up at Coral World and spend the rest of the day at Coki, which I believe is right there. I will report back in Feb when I return 🙂

Plenty of taxis to take you to Coki and plenty to take you back to the ship.

The kids love Coral World because they get to interact with many of the animals. When you enter they give you the "talks" schedule. Make sure you attend as many as possible. The sea lion act is so much fun!

St Thomas is very family friendly especially now that the Children's Museum has moved closer to cruise ships, the pirate museum is a few steps away, and so is the bowling alley.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:25 PM, cathi007 said:

I will be there in January with a 3 y/o and 14 month old. If you don't get any response I will let you know how we nade out. My daughter and I (mom of the little ones) are doing the Snuba at Coral World. The men (Hubby and S-I-L) are taking the little ones to Coral world, then we will all meet up at Coral World and spend the rest of the day at Coki, which I believe is right there. I will report back in Feb when I return 🙂

Cathi007, I would love to hear how your trip went.  We are headed out in a week on a cruise with our 18 month old and are looking at doing coral world.  Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to set up as an excursion vs just getting a taxi there and back? (The excursion I saw through the shipmates app was $49/adult.  Not sure if there was a charge for children under 3). Thanks for the input.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:05 PM, Ponydoc said:

Cathi007, I would love to hear how your trip went.  We are headed out in a week on a cruise with our 18 month old and are looking at doing coral world.  Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to set up as an excursion vs just getting a taxi there and back? (The excursion I saw through the shipmates app was $49/adult.  Not sure if there was a charge for children under 3). Thanks for the input.

I'm interested in this as well.  

We'll have a 2.5 and 7.5 year old and are thinking of catching a cab to Coral World and then swimming at Coki Beach afterwards vs doing the Carnival excursion (I like the freedom to head back to the ship whenever we like, especially with little ones).

I can at least speak to the Cab part.  Cabs were plentiful at CW/CB and if there wasn't one, the folks at CW will call you one.   They did say there can be quite a line for them as it gets closer to ship departure so do plan for that.,