JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

Currently on the Norwegian Jade and was just informed by the captain over the PA system that the remaining 7 days of our South Caribbean cruise is canceled due to mechanical problems. Anyone know any information on what’s going on, how we are getting back to Miami from Puerto Rico and what’s going to be offered as compensation.

NCL JADE CRUISE PASENGER REPLIES ONLY. DONT NEED TONS OF UNINFORMATIVE REPLIES FROM NON-CRUISERS. PLEASE AND THANK YOU! 

• Like 1

My wife, @Hawaiideb, and I are also on the sailing.  I was number 2 in line for guest services when the Captain made the announcement.  They told me that charter planes will take us back to Miami on Tuesday, cruise will be refunded and value we paid will be credited for a future cruise.  Captain also announced that NCL will pay up to $600 of change fees for passengers airline change fees from Miami.

We will be able to come and go from the ship as we want tomorrow to see more of San Juan.

Looking forward to more information as it is available.

• Like 3

DH and I are on the ship.  Trying to find out more details.   

Pax will receive a full refund and a future credit based on the fare paid. They just offered everyone 60 min of free internet.  It’s a good thing we upgraded ourselves last minute and enjoyed 3 days of free Haven.  Lol

Keep calm and cruise on.   :classic_cool:

Edited by ms Eden
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ms Eden said:

DH and I are on the ship.  Trying to find out more details.   

Pax will receive a full refund and a future credit depending on fares paid. They just offer everyone 60 min of free internet.  It’s a good thing we upgraded ourselves last minute and enjoyed 3 days of free Haven.  Lol

Keep calm and cruise on.  

WooHoo on enjoying the Haven! 

• Haha 1

Also in a suite.  2nd announcement said we should be getting letters at room soon giving us more information.  My wife is not happy as she will now have to cook some turkey on Thursday.  This was the first thanksgiving cruise and were looking forward to an NCL Thanksgiving Dinner.  Oh Well.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RaginCajunCruisers337 said:

From what we heard, they are having issues with one of the propellers on the ship. They said it will take several days to make the repairs. That is why they are cancelling the remaining 7 days of our 10 day cruise. 

Man that's crazy. I'm glad ya'll are safe. I'm following closely as we sail on Jade on 7th.

We're thinking about all of you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaginCajunCruisers337 said:

From what we heard, they are having issues with one of the propellers on the ship. They said it will take several days to make the repairs. That is why they are cancelling the remaining 7 days of our 10 day cruise. 

Best wishes to all on board. I know exactly how you all feel as this happened on my honeymoon. Very disappointing to have your trip cancelled and stressful trying to secure alternate arrangements to get back home.

Hopefully the repair will not take too long so as not to impact any future cruises. When our cruise aboard the Carnival Paradise was cancelled only two hours after sailaway in 2000, the damage to the Azipod was so severe that the ship had to be towed to dry dock and it was out of commission for at least a month.

• Like 1

We are in the Owners Suite onboard.  So at least we have a nice room.  Information is very scant. We are all “quarantined on the ship” however.  They will not grant shore leave.  This part sucks as I would like to go into San Juan and enjoy the day.  Will post when we hear something.  

2 minutes ago, sxycplsrq said:

We are in the Owners Suite onboard.  So at least we have a nice room.  Information is very scant. We are all “quarantined on the ship” however.  They will not grant shore leave.  This part sucks as I would like to go into San Juan and enjoy the day.  Will post when we hear something.  

Wow, that's unfortunate.  I would have thought current passengers like yourself would have been free to have extra lengthy tours in San Juan and Puerto Rico just to have less guests to deal with on board .....

Until an official word comes out on what the "technical issue" that caused the cancellation actually was, the rumors will swirl: propeller, engine, etc.

We're scheduled to be on the Jade's following cruise, a 10 day to Panama!

3 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Wow, that's unfortunate.  I would have thought current passengers like yourself would have been free to have extra lengthy tours in San Juan and Puerto Rico just to have less guests to deal with on board .....

while it is unfortunate, i think it is better for everyone to stay on board. It is much easier to notify people of any changes with transportation back home or any changes to the ship. if you are on land on a tour or somewhere, they have no way to contacting you.

• Like 2

Will try to find out.  Not much else we can do except go down and hear all the “bitching” and watch the tantrums at the Front Desk.  It’s like a version of the Springer show.  Like getting your knickers in a knot is going to make this better. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2