Cruise Critic Community
Gail & Marty sailing away

Which are the largest inside cabins on the Nieuw Statedam

ERASED -- sorry, I read the title as "Nieuw Amsterdam". IDK anything about the Nieuw Statendam!

Edited by crystalspin

I don't have first-hand knowledge but when I was on the Kdam (sister ship) this past spring, I met someone who bitterly complained about the LOCATION of her inside cabin - that it was extremely noisy.  Eventually, guest services moved them to another cabin.  So my advice is to consider location as well as size.

The N. Statendam hasn't launched yet, so no hands on  knowledge yet. Any response would be supposition based on similar room types on Koningsdam.

So I would be looking at KDam and asking about it.

I looked at pictures on cruisedeckplans and the squarish I category cabins on main look roomy.  There are some other I cabins on upper decks that look the same size, but people did not post pictures of them.  The I on the main on NS remind me of the J's on main the Eurodam.

3 minutes ago, keeponcruising said:

I looked at pictures on cruisedeckplans and the squarish I category cabins on main look roomy.  There are some other I cabins on upper decks that look the same size, but people did not post pictures of them.  The I on the main on NS remind me of the J's on main the Eurodam.

Oh, I was looking at pictures posted of the Konigsdam to get an idea of what would be on the NS.

I think there may be some that are marked with a sofa instead of just a chair - I would think these might be larger.  But I haven't really looked.  We originally booked the least expensive inside on the NS, but got an upgrade to a verandah (still no number), so we are hoping the fairy is good to us.  We are having a cabin crawl, and I hope to be able to take pictures.