Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Empehi

HAL Pre-Paid Beverage Cards

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Been There, Planning That said:

This is related.  While there's no coffee card bargain, would remainder on a coffee card also be credited back?

 

Thanks in advance to responding experts.

 

Ruth

I would think that it would.  In essence, the coffee card is your money put in a special account to cover your coffee.  If you don't spend all your money, it comes back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dfish said:

I would think that it would.  In essence, the coffee card is your money put in a special account to cover your coffee.  If you don't spend all your money, it comes back to you.

Thanks, that's what I assumed too, but my assumptions are not always correct.  But two identical assumptions are better than one.

Edited by Been There, Planning That

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all make a compelling reason for purchasing a beverage card, thank you. 

 

Here is my question: We would like to have that purchase come off of our non-refundable OBC. Would it than be better to purchase on board rather than ahead of time online?  How does one purchase a beverage card onboard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

Here is my question: We would like to have that purchase come off of our non-refundable OBC. Would it than be better to purchase on board rather than ahead of time online?  How does one purchase a beverage card onboard?

If you want to use OBC to pay for the card, you must purchase it on board. When you go to order your first drink, just order your beverage card at the same time.
You will use your cabin card to purchase the beverage card, and it is needed to activate the card, which will be done at the same time. Order your drink, and tell the steward it want it charged to the beverage card. Very simple. You can order additional cards, if needed during the cruise, the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also buy beverage cards on-board for the same reasons others have stated.  Be aware that if you pre-purchase a beverage card or have one gifted to you and it is delivered to your stateroom, that card needs to be activated by one of the bartenders/stewards at the first lounge you visit.  Doing so at the time you order your first beverage saves a bit of time for the crew member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

You all make a compelling reason for purchasing a beverage card, thank you. 

 

Here is my question: We would like to have that purchase come off of our non-refundable OBC. Would it than be better to purchase on board rather than ahead of time online?  How does one purchase a beverage card onboard?

 

There were a few times when we had a lot of shipboard credit.  We just waited until we were on the ship -- went to the Ocean Bar and bought one or two -- told the bar tender to activate it.

 

Then we would go to the main dining room for lunch and the card was ready to use.  One time many years ago we waited until we went to the dining room to buy a card from the wine steward -- took him forever to get the card and then he forgot to activate it to pay for the drink we had at lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks KK for the smart instructions which I will carry on board.  I am assuming that the Beverage Card is not limited to single serve drinks and can apply to a bottle of wine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Thanks KK for the smart instructions which I will carry on board.  I am assuming that the Beverage Card is not limited to single serve drinks and can apply to a bottle of wine?

 

I'm not KK, but yes the Beverage card has no limits.  You can use it for a bottle of wine, bottle of liquor or regular drinks whether they be alcoholic or not.

 

Have fun 😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, mcrcruiser said:

Interesting ,we did not know that we could purchase a pre paid beverage card .:classic_ohmy:

I am a Diet Coke addict and it is very handy. The card on HAL gives you only fountain drinks, not the cans. Just a warning if you prefer cans or bottles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

I am a Diet Coke addict and it is very handy. The card on HAL gives you only fountain drinks, not the cans. Just a warning if you prefer cans or bottles. 

I like Diet Coke too.....with a slice of lime.

Edited by JudithLynne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Zaandam in Sept with the soda card and only received cans when ordering diet coke. It must vary ship to ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

We were on the Zaandam in Sept with the soda card and only received cans when ordering diet coke. It must vary ship to ship.  

 

A lot of things vary from ship to ship and your beverage servers.

 

Sounds like you had some great ones 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

We were on the Zaandam in Sept with the soda card and only received cans when ordering diet coke. It must vary ship to ship.  

Not all sodas are available via the fountain gun. When the soda you want doesn't come out of the gun, a can is opened for you.
I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and that is never found as a fountain soda on the ship. I get a can every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Not all sodas are available via the fountain gun. When the soda you want doesn't come out of the gun, a can is opened for you.
I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and that is never found as a fountain soda on the ship. I get a can every time.

Would straight tonic water count for the soft drink card and would it come in cans? We drink tonic with a hint of gin, so always need to buy tonic for our bottle of gin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always order tonic water in cans at the bars and ask that they not be opened. We keep them in the fridge in our room. Never had an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 8:36 AM, JeffElizabeth said:

I am a Diet Coke addict and it is very handy. The card on HAL gives you only fountain drinks, not the cans. Just a warning if you prefer cans or bottles. 

The beverage CARD can be used to purchase whatever drink you want, if it is available in a can you can purchase it using your beverage card. Are you thinking of a soda package/card? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

11 hours ago, Nang said:

The beverage CARD can be used to purchase whatever drink you want, if it is available in a can you can purchase it using your beverage card. Are you thinking of a soda package/card? 

 

No Nang.  Just the $25 beverage card we all seemed to have gotton free with the Cyber Monday perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I AM SO CONFUSED!

 

I decided not to purchase a Beverage Package

 

I was going to purchase $$ On Board Credit thinking that any amount I didn't spend would be credited back to my credit card.

 

"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?   -   OBC VS BEVERAGE CARD"

 

Why would I want to carry two cards with me?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I AM SO CONFUSED!

 

I decided not to purchase a Beverage Package

 

I was going to purchase $$ On Board Credit thinking that any amount I didn't spend would be credited back to my credit card.

 

"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?   -   OBC VS BEVERAGE CARD"

 

Why would I want to carry two cards with me?

 

 

Purchasing OBC gets you the same thing.  It's no difference.

 

It just depends on what you want and how long your cruise is.

 

I like the beverage card to avoid checking a gazillion charges and having a longer statement, but my cruises tend to be longer.  

 

They both do the same thing so it's whatever suits you. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kazu said:

I like the beverage card to avoid checking a gazillion charges and having a longer statement, but my cruises tend to be longer.

 

This is the reason I prefer having the beverage card.  Buying it on the ship, I use my ship board credit to pay for it (if I have enough credit).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 6:44 AM, Been There, Planning That said:

This is related.  While there's no coffee card bargain, would remainder on a coffee card also be credited back?

 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:13 AM, dfish said:

I would think that it would.  In essence, the coffee card is your money put in a special account to cover your coffee.  If you don't spend all your money, it comes back to you.

HAL has a coffee card? I just looked and couldn't find a coffee card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

 

HAL has a coffee card? I just looked and couldn't find a coffee card. 

 

It’s just this.  It can be found under “Gifts & Indulgences —> Packages”.

 

52DE4976-B7A5-435C-A5E3-9C53E0FB9C62.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...