Cabin Power Outlets

Ep010835

Boarding the CB soon. Can anyone tell me if the AC power outlets are US or European style outlets. 

110 or 220?

We are in an aft suite (Penthouse). Can anyone advise how many outlets are in these cabins?

Thanks!!

Another suggestion is that with some staterooms there is an extra plug where the TV plugs in which I have used before. 

Yes, I agree never enough plugs. 

If if I understand correctly on the new ships like the Majestic their’s a USB plug where the nightstand is. 

Tom😎

Your S4 Penthouse has 1 British style 220V and 1 North American 110V receptacles at the desk next to the sofa in the sitting area.  It has 2 North American 110V receptacles on yeh bathroom side of the bed.  There are also North American 110V receptacles behind the TVs but you have to unplug the TV.

Also if you bring a power / USB strip be sure it does not have a surge protector, they are prohibited.  Read your Passage Contract.  

26 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

Your S4 Penthouse has 1 British style 220V and 1 North American 110V receptacles at the desk next to the sofa in the sitting area.  It has 2 North American 110V receptacles on yeh bathroom side of the bed.  There are also North American 110V receptacles behind the TVs but you have to unplug the TV.

Also if you bring a power / USB strip be sure it does not have a surge protector, they are prohibited.  Read your Passage Contract.  

Another option with only one plug for the TV. I always bring an adapter so I will have more than one outlet available if needed. 

Tom😎

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

Does anyone know if they have 220v outlets on the Royal Princess?

Just came off the Regal (sister ship) and we had 2- 110v outlets and 1- 220 v outlet on the wall over the desk.  There is also a regular shaver outlet (110 or 220) in the bathroom.

Hank

On 11/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, LongToSeeTheSea said:

Seems like regardless of cabin there are never enough! 😂.  We’ve gotten in the habit of bringing an adapter that will turn one outlet into three and an extension cord has come in handy on occasion as well. 

Since they are reported to be confiscating power strips, we usually bring a European two-prong outlet.  It fits in the outlet right at the desk and we can then use another outlet to charge up our electronics.   Like these:
European Two-Prong Adapter

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Since they are reported to be confiscating power strips, we usually bring a European two-prong outlet.  It fits in the outlet right at the desk and we can then use another outlet to charge up our electronics.   Like these:
European Two-Prong Adapter

Haven’t heard they were confiscating those... this is what we use...works good.  D0544742-F43A-46F3-820D-EB32FC7BBFAA.jpeg.815c16e5f7d747eb916c5d167eadd1fa.jpeg

3 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

Yes, but in July, they were confiscating all of these types of items.

“all of these types of items” ....... what exactly does this mean? 

Does this include extension cords?

Does this include PASSIVE 3 way recepticles (cube taps)?

Edited by Ep010835

4 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

Yes, but in July, they were confiscating all of these types of items.

Just make sure that you have a cheapy decoy just in case you are pulled aside.

I have heard stories of power bars being confiscated by over zealous staff.  That’s why we always carry a copy of Princess Policy on power strips.  We also show our power bar to our cabin steward so he/she knows it does not have surge protection.  We also only leave it plugged in while we are in the cabin.  We unplug it and put it away when out of the cabin.  

We purchased this product, https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Power-Strip-NTONPOWER-Nightstand/dp/B073ZDH43X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1542835570&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cruise+power+strip&psc=1  It is compact, the cord stows in it and it powers all our devices.  88FD0FA3-3EE3-4BCB-A559-C17364A30DDF.jpeg.19c919cbd3916aac33e91eccc8c187d9.jpeg 

6 hours ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

I have heard stories of power bars being confiscated by over zealous staff.  That’s why we always carry a copy of Princess Policy on power strips.  We also show our power bar to our cabin steward so he/she knows it does not have surge protection.  We also only leave it plugged in while we are in the cabin.  We unplug it and put it away when out of the cabin.  

We purchased this product, https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Power-Strip-NTONPOWER-Nightstand/dp/B073ZDH43X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1542835570&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cruise+power+strip&psc=1  It is compact, the cord stows in it and it powers all our devices.  88FD0FA3-3EE3-4BCB-A559-C17364A30DDF.jpeg.19c919cbd3916aac33e91eccc8c187d9.jpeg 

Thanks. This is the exact one I bought for this cruise. I told them that it was not a surge suppressor but they did not care. Either way they got the $2 one. Hopefully they stop doing this

7 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

“all of these types of items” ....... what exactly does this mean? 

Does this include extension cords?

Does this include PASSIVE 3 way recepticles (cube taps)?

They were taking extension cords as well as power strips.  There were several people pulled aside to have their bags searched

one said extension cord and mine was a power strip

22 minutes ago, culvercitycruiser said:

>They were taking extension cords as well as power strips. 

Well, shoot!

Guess I’ll have to leave the extension cord I’d planned to take with me at home in my garage. 

Rats.........

5 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Well, shoot!

Guess I’ll have to leave the extension cord I’d planned to take with me at home in my garage. 

Rats.........

They might have relaxed their searches. Maybe someone will post that they got through.

they will give you a claim check to get it when you get off the ship. I did not bother to collect mine 

good luck

we will be on the Emerald on the 29th our of LA. Never had a problem here with it

12 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

Thanks. This is the exact one I bought for this cruise. I told them that it was not a surge suppressor but they did not care. Either way they got the $2 one. Hopefully they stop doing this

Can you be more specific, what cruise, ship, month/year, who took it when?

The reality is that its just hit and miss.  We have been on 27 Princess cruises, always carried a power strip (with no surge protection) and never had an issue when it was in our carry-on or checked luggage.  And it has been the same on many other cruise lines.  No question that someday we might get some security person who will seize the thing...but it has never happened....yet!

Hank

P.S.  Do not ever try to use a surge protected device on a cruise ship.  It is a fire hazard because of the way that cruise ship electrical systems function.