TIME ESTIMATES for Southampton Transfers

axelskater

I am working on trying to get from Southampton to France the day we arrive in port from NY. Ferries are not a good option as the high speed ferries leave too early from Portsmouth. Has anyone taken a Cunard transfer to London and hopped a quick flight to Paris? We could take a car to the airport or the Cunard transfer but the flight I was thinking of leaves around 3. Is that enough time to get to the airport ? We can easily carry off self-debark ...

Thx!

36 minutes ago, axelskater said:

I am working on trying to get from Southampton to France the day we arrive in port from NY. Ferries are not a good option as the high speed ferries leave too early from Portsmouth. Has anyone taken a Cunard transfer to London and hopped a quick flight to Paris? We could take a car to the airport or the Cunard transfer but the flight I was thinking of leaves around 3. Is that enough time to get to the airport ? We can easily carry off self-debark ...

Thx!

Why not check Southampton Airport and see if any  flights are flying the day of your arrival.

https://www.flybe.com/web-app/index.html

https://www.southamptonairport.com/book-flights-and-holidays/

Edited by Pennbank

Have you considered the Eurostar train from London St Pancras International to Paris Gare du Nord? There are many trains each day.You would leave the ship about 10, take the train to London arriving at London Waterloo about noon or a bit later, then taxi to St. Pancras and catch a 2, or 2:30 or 3 pm. The train takes two hours and fifteen minutes. You arrive in Paris early evening. (Continental Europe is one hour earlier than the UK.) Trains run hourly or more frequently from 6 am til 10 pm. And you can travel for less than the air fare, and avoid the airport hassles. And there is food and drink on the train and in the station as well. 

Actually there should be a ship's transfer right to St Pancras,  we've taken it before.   We then take the eurostar train that leaves around 2pm.   A couple hours later you're in downtown Paris. 

You have to check into the eurostar at least 30 minutes early that's why we take the 2pm train. 

Another choice would be to get a private transfer (We use smithsforairports.com).  

16 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Actually there should be a ship's transfer right to St Pancras,  we've taken it before.   We then take the eurostar train that leaves around 2pm.   A couple hours later you're in downtown Paris. 

You have to check into the eurostar at least 30 minutes early that's why we take the 2pm train. 

Another choice would be to get a private transfer (We use smithsforairports.com).  

Thanks for that, I now remember that St.Pancras was one of Cunard's options.