Does RCCL run a cyber sale

DENBET30

I booked three cruises on the Oasis this year when I noted they had literally dropped to about half price from usual averages. If memory serves me I think this sale was in April and the sailings were definitely all fall sailings. My question, does RCCL have an annual cyber sale or was this a random event based on inventory? Interested in your experiences in timing.Thanks 

Is it unusual that they would cut off the kids sale free on a Saturday?  If you look at December 2019 cruises in the Caribbean, all sailings of Oasis class ships leave on either 12/14 or 12/15 and those would be pre-Christmas season cruises (since they end on the 21st and 22nd).  However, only the departures on the 14th have kids sail free while the departures on the 15th do not.  Seems odd.  Thoughts?

10 hours ago, DENBET30 said:

I booked three cruises on the Oasis this year when I noted they had literally dropped to about half price from usual averages. If memory serves me I think this sale was in April and the sailings were definitely all fall sailings. My question, does RCCL have an annual cyber sale or was this a random event based on inventory? Interested in your experiences in timing.Thanks 

Be careful with the sales. I booked Ovation virtual balcony cabin (for Australia sailing) then the next week RC had a "WOW" sale with second guest half price. I was so annoyed but then I did a dummy booking to see how much I'd paid extra. It was $220 ish per person extra with the sale and half off the second guest than what I paid with no sale. So Sales are not always sales.

We are on the 4/13 Symphony sailing and our prices for cruise planner items have gone up in some areas this week - particularly voom is back to $17....it’s been as low as $12, but more recently has been $15...

The three Drink packages have been at $56/26/10 ever since the price increase announcement...it was $53/26/10 before that..and sip and stream has been $71 for a while too..

Its a holiday/spring break sailing so I’m not expecting huge discounts but it’s not yet at the ‘occasional drinker price’ that would make me go for it.  I can still pay OOP for a frozen drink, a dinner drink, a smoothie, a two lattes with $20 to spare before I get to that price.

13 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Hopefully they run the other sale on drink packages and excursions too 🙂

They run discounts on all cruises through the Cruise Planner, starting about 3 - 4 months before sailing.  Bev packages, internet, shore excursions.  They come and go until sailing.  I've cancelled and rebooked shore excursions twice for my next cruise.

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pricing is up today on a cruise that I've been watching. RCI is obviously getting ready or the new sale.

HA!  I thought the same thing this morning.  I noticed my next cruise still had the 60% off second passenger, but they took away the obc.  We'll see what shows up on Thursday/Friday.