Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruising_kelly

POA - closest luau to port

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

We are sailing on the Pride of America next month and I am trying to determine which luau's are reasonably close to port for someone who isn't renting a car? Open to suggestions on any of the islands... thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We went to the Smith's Family Luau in Kauai and really enjoyed it.  You can arrange transportation through them or through Roberts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking at the Luau Kalamaku in Kauai.

 

Is anyone familiar with this one??  I think it looks pretty close to the port.  Can anyone confirm??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waterbugohio said:

We are looking at the Luau Kalamaku in Kauai.

 

Is anyone familiar with this one??  I think it looks pretty close to the port.  Can anyone confirm??

 

We could be wrong, but as far as we know, that luau is only offered Tuesday and Friday evenings.  If you will be on the POA, you will be at the Big Island (Hawaii) on Tuesday and at sail back toward Oahu on Friday night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

 

We could be wrong, but as far as we know, that luau is only offered Tuesday and Friday evenings.  If you will be on the POA, you will be at the Big Island (Hawaii) on Tuesday and at sail back toward Oahu on Friday night.  

 

Wow, thank you very much.  I have read everything about this luau and missed that all together.  Really bummed because I have read that its the best one to go to.  

Now i need to  start looking again!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waterbugohio said:

 

Wow, thank you very much.  I have read everything about this luau and missed that all together.  Really bummed because I have read that its the best one to go to.  

Now i need to  start looking again!!!

 

Don't feel bad.  There are many very well rated Hawaiian and Polynesian themed luaus throughout the islands.  Maui has several excellent choices, by the way, but they are not close to the ship dock here.  Have you googled Trip Advisor for reviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, Casey2 said:

 

We went to the Smith's Family Luau in Kauai and really enjoyed it.  You can arrange transportation through them or through Roberts.

We did the same from the POA a few years ago.  It was very enjoyable.  We booked it through Robert's.  We did it as a combination tour with the Fern Grotto and it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable day.  The grounds at the Smith Family Luau are beautiful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, waterbugohio said:

 

Wow, thank you very much.  I have read everything about this luau and missed that all together.  Really bummed because I have read that its the best one to go to.  

Now i need to  start looking again!!!

 

February - October: 
Mon | Wed | Thu | Fri

 

The Smith's Family Luau website says they run a luau when cruise ships are in port. Contact them directly for accurate information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...