Sofa sleeper on Carnival Victory

forstercouple6

This will be the my daughters first cruise (21years old) and will be the first time my wife and I have had a third person in the cabin with us.  Has anyone slept on the sofa sleeper?  We were wondering if it’s reasonably comfortable or if we should bring some kind of pad.  TIA.

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

My 6 foot 2,  250 pound son slept on one on the Glory and said it was comfortable.  And that was in a balcony cabin.

The Glory is a different class of ship. The balcony rooms are a tad bit smaller than on the Victory. The Conquest class ships have a full size sofa in the balcony rooms unlike the Victory and Sunshine.  

OP, what type of room do you have?

7 minutes ago, rtfnl said:

The Glory is a different class of ship. The balcony rooms are a tad bit smaller than on the Victory. The Conquest class ships have a full size sofa in the balcony rooms unlike the Victory and Sunshine.  

OP, what type of room do you have?

The balcony cabins are still the same size for the regular balconies on both the Triumph and Conquest classes of ships.  185 SqFt.  

sofa beds are the same size as a regular bed. Ive had them in a lot of 1As on pretty much every class of ship, though I only have a picture of the one last week on vista. It was made up always as a bed. It was a firmer mattress but my roomie said she likes firmer and was happy with it. the bed under the port holes is what a sofa bed looks like made up as a bed. I guess i didnt get a picture of the full bed, but it looks just like a regular bed, the sofa backrest was under my bed the entire cruise. It stayed made up as a regular bed the entire cruise since there were 2 of us.

IMG_20181111_144906.jpg

IMG_20181111_145000.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daniel.l.forster said:

Thanks everyone. I made a mistake in the original post.  Im not sure why I said we are on the Victory, we are going on the Valor next week.  We have a balcony room. 

Valor has a regular size sofa with pull out drawers where one can store clean or dirty clothes. The sofa makes up into a daybed. My 5'10" son slept well on it

People think sofa bed and think it pulls out. They just take off the back rests and store them and make it up as a bed. its exactly the same size and shape as a regular twin, just a little firmer.

we didnt look for drawers, might have had them but we had plenty of storage and only used regular drawers so I dont forget later where I put stuff. But I think Ive had a sofa bed on pretty much every category of Carnival ship at this point in time as I cruise solo a lot and book 1As. The sofa beds are the same, if it says sofa bed, thats all it is is a sofa they take the back rests off.

• 1 month later...

Let me just say honestly you're in for a rough night. Egg crate cushions are no longer available.

But you can request extra pillows from the steward.

Edited by BoDidly
Damn spelling :(

4 minutes ago, forstercouple6 said:

Agreed. My daughter didn't get a good nights sleep the entire cruise.  Won't change my mind about Carnival, but I think we will just keep our room to the two of us ( no more third parties😀

Now I would say you're a smart cruiser , enjoy :classic_biggrin:

We have cruised the valor several times and the last time we had 3 in a room, using the sofa as a bed, my 50 year old sister slept there.  We offered to switch with her but she said she was fine sleeping there. My son has always slept on the sofa bed until we started getting his own room to share with others and my sister in law has also slept on the bed. All of them are fully grown but no back problems that I know of and the bed has been sufficient with no need for additional accommodations. I think that a twin air mattress would work for extra support and could fit into a bag or box and carried on.  If you are flying, I don’t know if I would want to pay the extra cost it might take to pack it but it could also be carried on in the box that it comes in, along with the pump.  

12 hours ago, mom2myrugrat said:

would i be able to pack a small air mattress or something? im thinking my poor 20 year old and his back issues Ugh

I will likely order this, since I'll be sleeping on the sofa bed for 14 nights.

Moon Lence Sleeping Pad for Outdoor Camping Backpacking Compact Air Pad Lightweight Inflatable Sleeping Mat Ultralight Portable Hiking Mattress https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0774V98FB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qJpkCbQS2RNE1

• Like 1