Cruise Critic Community
Nang

Pizza on the Solstice

Hi folks, I am new to Celebrity and love my pIzza.

I have cruised on Holland America 6 times and loved the pizza on those ships that have it made to ordered and greatly disliked that which is made and placed on trays in the buffet. Does the Solstice have made to order pizza or do I need to look for something else?

Thanks for the quick response, looks like I will be eating more burgers than I would usually. I need my pizza to be fresh.

There are usually 3 or 4 different types,  They make them fresh but then place them on trays on the buffet. If it's busy they are usually pretty fresh.  Late at night....not so much.   As pizza goes it's not great but after a long night of abusing my liver it hits the spot.:classic_blink:

There's usually a person there making the pizza's so it won't hurt to ask if they could make you one. 

Edited by TFLG

THey will make you one, and it takes 15 minutes or so.  Next to the pizza station is a pata station.  Anything available there can be put on a pizza for you.  This means that, if it’s not Hawaiian pizza day, you can’t ask for pineapple.  Only the things on the pasta station, where you will usually find chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped peppers, mushrooms, olives, garlic, etc.  It appears to us that this is hard for them to do at the height of the lunchtime rush but if you wait a while to ask, they can do it.

35 minutes ago, Nang said:

Thanks for the quick response, looks like I will be eating more burgers than I would usually. I need my pizza to be fresh.

The Celebrity Pizza is much better than the HAL Pizza  for my taste.

Celebrity pizza is okay, not great. Probably no place is as good as the pizza you get at home. One thing I will recommend is the guacamole. You can go to the Mexican food section and make yourself a nice plate of loaded nachos.

Since it's your first Celebrity cruise, stop at the buffet around 4 p.m. for the little tea sandwiches and pastries. 

You don't sail Celebrity for their pizza.  Think bland.   Try their international foods instead.  

Yes, you can get a pizza "mad to order".  They are thin crust pizzas.  Everyone has different tastes, but for us, the pizzas are actually very good and hit the spot.  Enjoy

Yes you can get made to eat pizzas. Every afternoon during our drinks happy hours on the back deck we would go inside to the pizza station in the buffet and order 2 cheese and garlic pizzas to go. They were soooooooo good.