Royal (Symphony of Sea) vs Carnival (Horizon)

WLC061975

I had an opportunity to do a

2 weeks cruise. 6 nights on Horizon to West Carribean and 7 nights on Symphony of Seato West Carribean. Here are some differences and similarities I noticed:

1. Both ships are newest ships at moment of this post. So they updated their technologies. Both ships have excellent WiFi connections. 

2. Embarkation process were efficient for both ships. I got on ships by 1130a. RCL’s new terminal was very pretty. However, they scream at Lyft driver for him to move. No porter offer to take my bags. So I ended up take my own bags. At Carnival, a porter introduce himself and took my bags as soon I got out of the car. 

3. I have an interior room on both ships. At Carnival my room locate 8 after. In Royal, my room locate at 10 mid at Royal. However, I much prefer I much prefer the room in Royal because it has more spaces for me as a solo to place my stuff. The shower had a shower door instead curtain. Additionally, I love the virtual balcony in the room. It kept me informed. 

3.  Packages - I purchased drink and internet packages for both weeks. I think internet in both cruises were excellent. I was able to watch you tube videos. However, it took sometimes to uploaded video to social media. Drink packages: I prefer Royal’s delux package over carnival cheer package.  Royal’s packages include fresh fruit juices. Carnival: you have to go to bar to get a can of soda  and wait 5 min between each non alcohol bevage (the line to coffee could be very long) Royal has free style machines throughout the ships so you can get when you want. I love the juice bar on Royal ships. Oh on Royal, I just give my card to server. The server just ran my card and give the card d to me when I have drink.  On Carnival i get a receipt with space for extra tip each time I order the drink. 

4. Royal offer an unlimited photo package which I lloved. I have to purchase photos individually at Carnival. But Carnival have more opportunities for fun photos

5. I think Royal have better shows than Carnival. However, I dislike Royal’s reservation system.  

6. The foods for both lines are pretty similar. 

5350CB8D-96D0-4CA1-B0D6-076A0CB4D9FF.jpeg

4093F3AB-7FA9-4002-98EE-9BFF543AF9CF.jpeg