Pinnacle travelling pattern (popular dates/itineraries) + Coastal Kitchen Q

5 hours ago, reverie4401 said:

We had the luxury of eating in CK while we were D+ and that gave us the incentive to work toward Pinnacle.  We also ate dinner in CK while in Junior Suites prior to becoming Pinnacle early last year.  CK is a great incentive to continue cruising with Royal.  Since becoming Pinnacle, we prefer to cruise on ships with CK.  We also continue to book Junior Suites.

I have some additional thoughts on the monster.  1) Royal gives outrageous suggested cabin numbers for all cabins including suites.  This can add to the crowding in CK and the SL, and sometimes results in enormous tables in CK,  2) We have seen  suite cruisers not observing the dress code, while dining in CK.  The staff does not suggest following the dress code for the evenings.  So, many suites cruisers are in jeans and T-shirts while in the CK and SL.  They should be eating in the Windjammer,  3) For some reason the Concierge Lounges on Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance ships are small and generally grungy.  Additionally, these ships do not have a CK,  and 4) As noted some cruises have large number of Pinnacles on board, such as the Symphony TA.  We originally booked that cruise, but after hearing the experience of the Harmony TA, we opted to fly to Australia and cruise on the Ovation.  Some of the Oasis cruises out of Port Canaveral have excessive Pinnacles.

Royal needs to address the overcrowding issues for Suites, Pinnacles, D+, and D.  The solution is not to trash either the Suite Program or the Pinnacle Program.  But, spread out the Suites and Pinnacle cruisers on the Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance ships with equal perks as the Oasis and Quantum ships.  From my perspective, having the Suite Lounge and CK makes the cruise much more enjoyable.  As stated above, the combination of the SL and CK, makes cruising on the Oasis and Quantum ships more pleasurable.  So, I suspect many of the Pinnacles gravitate toward those ships as well. That contributes to the crowding problem.

David   

Suite Guests asked for more relaxed suggested dress codes. We want to keep it the Suite Lounge and not turn it into a C&A Lounge. 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We didn't tip prior to getting in the door. 🤔

We tipped at the end of the first week.

We found a letter inviting us to CK to make reservations in our cabin when we boarded 

Does little good to make a reservation when in reality, one is seldom seated in a reasonable timeframe. I guess at least we had a reservation. I don’t think our seating was delayed because of an overwhelming amount of Suite Guests. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 hours ago, alexkrn46 said:

I agree that is why they were issuing FCC without asking during the Presidents Cruise, they know for that cruise they left their best paying customers down and why I am booking a cheap room on the anniversary cruise.

We were in a GS and received nothing nor did we ask for one. I do know of Star Guests whom were assaulted by a Pinnacle couple in the theater that received FCC. Although I was in range of the flying wine, fortunately for me, I was standing and just out of range. 

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We were in a GS and received nothing nor did we ask for one. I do know of Star Guests whom were assaulted by a Pinnacle couple in the theater that received FCC. Although I was in range of the flying wine, fortunately for me, I was standing and just out of range. 

Was that the story I heard about a a couple who were seated in the theater.  Husband got up to get something, Pinnacle takes his seat despite the wife's objection.  Pinnacle refuses to move.  Wine flew, but who threw the wine?  Crew backed the Pinnacle, couple forced to move.  Did I get that right?

I heard that second hand so didn't want to introduce it here.  Pinnacle's picture was placed in the C&A FB group but C&A deleted it.  It remains in another FB group.  

Edited by twangster

29 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Come on...  you know you get her points regardless of number of nights/points you have on your own. 

Just adding to the discussion.   As you said earlier the program can change at anytime 

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Suite Guests asked for more relaxed suggested dress codes. We want to keep it the Suite Lounge and not turn it into a C&A Lounge. 

Awesomeness.  Money doesn't buy class.🤔

20180926_172803.jpg

Thanks for the softball.  😁

Edited by John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Was that the story I heard about a a couple who were seated in the theater.  Husband got up to get something, Pinnacle takes his seat despite the wife's objection.  Pinnacle refuses to move.  Wine flew, but who threw the wine?  Crew backed the Pinnacle, couple forced to move.  Did I get that right?

I heard that second hand so didn't want to introduce it here.  Pinnacle's picture was placed in the C&A FB group but C&A deleted it.  It remains in another FB group.  

Winegate 

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Does little good to make a reservation when in reality, one is seldom seated in a reasonable timeframe. I guess at least we had a reservation. I don’t think our seating was delayed because of an overwhelming amount of Suite Guests. 

It was delayed because it was a difficult time.

Hard to turn a table in 60 minutes

Foolish to let a table sit empty for 60 minutes

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oooh.  I should have taken a picture of the groom in his bathrobe sitting and drinking a cocktail during the evening cocktail hour in the Oasis SL.  Nice guy, but bathrobe?  Seriously?

I won't post the picture of the 4 year old who stood on the bankhead for her entire meal. So precious. 😉

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Funny how the facts change from one to another. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not limited to CC. 😉

You got that right. If the crew backed the Pinnacle couple they would have been wrong, IMO. I was there an gave security my photos. Don’t know how they got posted on social media. The Star Class Guests left to avoid any further conflict. 

Whats ironic, the P couple left shortly after the concert started. 

• Thanks 1

• Clarea locked this topic