Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

8 hours ago, sdear said:

I am showing 15.00 per day for my 6 night Adventure cruise for the refreshment package.   What does that package normally run?  ...

There's no "normally" with Royal's pricing, it can be all over the place.  However, lately the "sale" price has been around $18.

12 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Here are all the internet options under my cruise planner for our April Allure sailing. Wonder if we can get by with the surf only package...

Snap88.jpg

I would pay more for the stream.  By which I mean, I will pay more for the stream for our August 2019 cruise.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Typical Royal - up to 40% off ... of what?

Bob, you know I'm not a real fan of RCCL "sales."  But I was able to get my wife's refreshment package at $15 per day for our Christmas Freedom cruise (originally bought at $18). I had never seen it below $20 before.  The deluxe package is still $48 and deluxe/vroom is $57 (my original purchase price).  Hoping that the deluxe/vroom goes lower sometime this weekend during the "sale."

I've been waiting for the announcement of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.  Last night, I booked the Deluxe Beverage package for $50 a day and booked two Refreshment packages for $15 for my wife and son.  Grand total of $295 for Deluxe Beverage and $88.50 ea. for the Refreshment Packages.  We are on the 5 night sailing of IotS over Christmas.

I was able to book a Deluxe for me and a Refreshment for my wife, she's not really a drinker. I'm more than willing to pay for the occasional glass of wine she will have while onboard. 

I just noticed that my drink package isn't showing a sale banner. I know that the % off is fake but to be honest it started at $50 a day then jumped up to $52 a day. Now it's $49 which ironically for me is an actual real sale even though it's only a dollar.

Bought the Refreshment package at 15/day and now I just bought the Ultimate Dining Package for 152/person for our 7 night sailing including 3 sea days for our December Symphony sailing. We were going to purchase it at the original 203/person rate but once we saw the sale, it was time to book it! Think we got a great deal!

1 hour ago, myk249 said:

Just checked and Ultimate Dining Package is only $152 on Harmony, April 2019. 

44 minutes ago, sothall55 said:

Ultimate Dining Package on Harmony 29th March £125 which is approx. $160.

It's a 9 night sailing with potential to take 3 sea day lunches is a good deal?

UDP appears to be on sale today, normally $24 USD per night per person on most ships, Today it's $18 per day on nearly all of a dozen booking I have.  The graphic still says $24 but the price is $18 per day.  Harmony and Symphony are the exception where it's ~$22 per day.  

Edited by twangster

21 minutes ago, RW20 said:

Does the refreshment package include milkshakes? 

Every thread I read it does.   Some sat at the bar and had one, others said their kids were able to go in and get one no problem.  

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My 9 day Anthem sailing is showing $49 for the deluxe drink package and $11.99. The drink package is only down $3 so no big deal. Is $11.99 a day for voom for one device a good price?

That is the lowest I have seen it, but if you can find it combined with deluxe beverages it is even lower. Right now on my cruise planner DBP + voom 1 device is only $55 with DBP alone at $47. 

2 hours ago, sothall55 said:

Ultimate Dining Package on Harmony 29th March £125 which is approx. $160.

It's a 9 night sailing with potential to take 3 sea day lunches is a good deal?

YES!  This is less than my 7-day sailing with only 2 possible lunches.

12 hours ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

Anybody booked on a 3 day cruise may want to look at the Ultimate Dining Package.  I was able to get it for my daughter and her husband for $65 pp.  They originally had the BOGO for $40; so only $25 more and they get 2 lunch, and 1 extra dinner.  Great deal for them.  Of course they are in a Boardwalk Balcony; so they already were going to get Johnny Rockets; but I think getting Chops for lunch at basically no extra charge; is a much better deal.

Are you able to use the lunch boarding day and an at sea day to get the 2 lunches?  Are the venues open for lunch on port days?

3 hours ago, romesauce said:

Bought the Refreshment package at 15/day and now I just bought the Ultimate Dining Package for 152/person for our 7 night sailing including 3 sea days for our December Symphony sailing. We were going to purchase it at the original 203/person rate but once we saw the sale, it was time to book it! Think we got a great deal!

We had booked a 5 night dining package on Harmony for January, plus a night at Hibachi and another night at Jamie's.  The total per person came to about $195 and didn't include any lunches and the Ultimate dining package was $203, but didn't include Hibachi.

Today the price of $152 for the Ultimate package made far more sense to me even if we can't talk someone into allowing us to go to Hibachi as part of the package.  We also cancelled and rebooked the Ultimate package on Allure for this summer.  The package went from $168 to $126.  Good savings all around.