Black Friday

Shoequeen

4 minutes ago, Shoequeen said:

Anybody know of any Black Friday or cyber Monday deals for drink packages or internet packages?

Cyber Sale going on now through Dec 3rd. Many voyages under this sale have the 3 for free benefits, upgrade, OBC, free grats. Believe Monday is $1 deposits. Check the Princess web site. No deals on drink packages or internet packages. Some voyages do have discounted internet that you can purchase in the cruise personlizer after you have booked the cruise.

36 minutes ago, Shoequeen said:

Anybody know of any Black Friday or cyber Monday deals for drink packages or internet packages?

The  drink package is part of the Sip & Sail that has been offered during the summer for each of the last few years. No sign of any special for this week.

As to the internet, you can get a discount by booking prior to the cruise, but nothing special for this weekend.

11 minutes ago, kruisey said:

On the Canadian Princess site it is mentioning $900 off Black Friday deal?  but when I look into cruises no discount?

Their office is closed.

That’s has the standard condition for such claims & not often a true discount for cruises I’ve checked.

“Save up to $900 per stateroom (up to $450 per guest) is based on a discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space-available basis at time of booking on select sailings. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion”.

34 minutes ago, kruisey said:

Well they seems no discount when I look .Unless they take it off when you are actually booking?

23 minutes ago, kruisey said:

I have just looked at my booking for next May.The Black Friday price is much higher than when I booked?

It’s not unusual to have a promotional price closer to sailing be more expensive than by booking earlier.  Like you, my Spring 2019 cruises are more expensive and with the current offer would lack free tips & OBC.

Any discount would be displayed when checking prices so like me this is another not cheaper price promotion.  Nearly all business use such marketing strategies to make their sales appear to be great deals.

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 hours ago, kruisey said:

On the Canadian Princess site it is mentioning $900 off Black Friday deal?  but when I look into cruises no discount?

Their office is closed.

The UK Black Friday deal did not kick in until midnight (UK) time so perhaps the same for Canada - is it showing now?

6 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I don't see the gift cared offer yet. I'll keep checking & post when (or if) they have it. No special code, it just adds second card automatically.

Most times it takes a code to get around a 5% additional card. 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Is this about 'Princess' gift cards on the Princess website ??? - or somewhere else ...

I've  purchased gift cards off the Princess site previously. Needed a code. I think the one at Mother's Day was buy a $1000 card and get an extra $60 card. Dads weren't treated as well - I think the Father's Day sale netted a $50 card when buying a $1000 card. 

7 hours ago, colville2002 said:

The UK Black Friday deal did not kick in until midnight (UK) time so perhaps the same for Canada - is it showing now?

Yes it is showing now.

I called Princess and if she put me on the Cyber Sale my cruise would have cost more.

Think it is wiser to book early for the best prices.

Hi, I’m from the Uk so maybe it’s different but I’ve just booked a ‘Black Friday ‘ deal on a Princess Cruise I’ve been following for a while. The cheapest cabins were £699 for a few weeks and for this weekend it’s £549 so I’m happy! 

This is for a 7 night cruise.

• 11 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, victory2020 said:

The only type of "Black Friday" sale is extra small gift card with purchase of $500 or more gift card.

I'm bumping a year old thread. Does anyone know if this happens every year? I need to pay off a cruise in December and any extra $$s from Princess is welcomed. No matter how small

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm bumping a year old thread. Does anyone know if this happens every year? I need to pay off a cruise in December and any extra $$s from Princess is welcomed. No matter how small

It appears to be every year but the bonus has gotten smaller the last year. 

• Thanks 1