Princess Special Offer SMS

I am sailing in 11 days on the Sun Princess and just received this SMS:

Princess Cruises S855
SPECIAL OFFER
Move to another 13nt cruises FREE + get onboard spending $
Reply YES to secure this offer

As I have flights booked I’m not able to take up this offer. Also lack of detail isn’t very helpful (how many $s OBC??). I have received an email moveover offer before but not a text message.

Just wondering if others are getting this message? Hopefully some of you are able to take advantage!

Edited by Calabazar
Auto correct!

17 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Is that the 3 Dec on Sun Princess to NZ? We are on that cruise but no offer.

Yes, that’s the one. 

I ended up contacting Princess to check the details of the offer and have accepted. The offer was a free cruise up to 13 nights, refund of booked cruise as refundable OBC and upgraded cabin (if available). 

I am just waiting for confirmation of my replacement cruise so I can sort out changes to my flights. I see there are quite a few sold out cruises in the next couple of months, so hopefully some more move over offers coming!

7 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

That message isn't very helpful. Hate when they send SMS like that, much prefer an email. That said, it's all theoretical, yet to get one myself!

Glad it was appealing enough for you.

I gave them the feedback that initially I thought it was a scam because of the way it was worded and the typo.

I guess they are trialling messaging the offer rather than email so hopefully they will fine tune it in the future. I much prefer to see the offer in writing but I can’t complain!

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, a classic move over offer, Princess seem to be doing it quite often lately. They are either over selling the cabins on purpose and not getting enough cancellations or the booking system is dodgy.

Could be either I think. I only booked a month ago at a discounted price. Why would they be flogging off cabins only to turn around and refund my fare and put me on another cruise at their cost? It doesn’t make sense. But I’m more than happy that Princess is paying for me to cruise 😁

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

We just had a MO offer as well, would be on a ship now but took the freebie with upgrade and the full refund. 🙂

Yes, it’s a bit bittersweet isn’t it? My countdown was into days, now it’s back to weeks. 

I had a move over offer on 4 day repostioning cruise from Syd to Melb. i am now on a free 6 day Tasmania cruise with enough OBC for my drinks and a bottle of Channel # 5.

And to top it off I went from BD Guaranteed balcony to a midship mini suite. 

Yes Lexicat, there is a Santa Claus.

Hope you too get a nice upgrade, Calazabar.  Let us know what happens.

16 minutes ago, Lexicat said:

I had a move over offer on 4 day repostioning cruise from Syd to Melb. i am now on a free 6 day Tasmania cruise with enough OBC for my drinks and a bottle of Channel # 5.

Great work, enjoy.

45 minutes ago, joybook said:

Could the reason you got the message by text be that in your Cruise Personaliser you ticked the box 'SMS Text Alerts'?

I always tick that box but when I received a move over offer for a cruise earlier this year it came via email.

This time I received an SMS, then the next day 2 identical emails, despite already accepting the offer. I guess the main thing is getting the offer, not how it’s offered!

Congratulations anyway. Wow!! Some people have all the luck, don't they? I have been with Princess for many years and have sailed with them many, many times and never had an offer - no upgrade, no upsell, no move over offer. My neighbours got an upgrade on their very first cruise with Princess. Oh well, I must be being taught a lesson in patience. 

1 hour ago, joybook said:

Congratulations anyway. Wow!! Some people have all the luck, don't they? I have been with Princess for many years and have sailed with them many, many times and never had an offer - no upgrade, no upsell, no move over offer. My neighbours got an upgrade on their very first cruise with Princess. Oh well, I must be being taught a lesson in patience. 

Same here, 21 Princess cruises all over the world, the upgrade fairy and upsell/move over fairies don't like moi.👺

6 hours ago, Lexicat said:

Good job.

I think in some cases it is luck of the draw, being in the right cabin class on the right cruise (or in Princesses case the wrong cruise) and also having it oversold.

We have had one other offer but then we had flights, accommodation and other people travelling with us so couldn't (didn't want to) take up the offer.