Cruise Critic Community
need2cruisesoon

Observation Lounge - Bliss

I can't wait! Sailing this Saturday and our cabin is right down the hall from the Observation Lounge. Thanks for the nice pics! 

Looking forward to Observation Lounge as we are on Deck 15. Very convenient for that nightcap or breakfast drink (Bailey's and Coffee or Mimosas).

How crowded does this get on Alaskan sailings? We purposely booked an inside cabin to save some money and take advantage of this lounge.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, Joeghartman said:

How crowded does this get on Alaskan sailings? We purposely booked an inside cabin to save some money and take advantage of this lounge.

I'll bump your question, as I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe someone will see this and give us an answer.  

Posted (edited)

I can’t answer that till later this summer.  Were on the 16 June RT Seattle cruise. I REALLY have concerns about the itinerary as I’ve sailed Alaska twice before with Princess.  One time south from Whittier, one time north from Vancouver. Both had additional land days so we got to see and do quite a bit. The short port times on this sailing are pretty disappointing but I’m  excited to sail on the Bliss.  Plus we’re going to spend a couple days in Seatle so that will be new. Loving the look of the Observation lounge. It looks like a beautiful space!

Edited by BullyLvr

Can't wait to see the Observation Lounge in person.  I will be on the Bliss March 30 for a Panama Canal Cruise.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, Joeghartman said:

The lounge takes up 1/3 of Deck 15. There are lots of seats. It will get full at times. And chair hogs are ever-present. That being said, there are only a few seats up at the forward facing windows and those are normally full all the time. 

On Deck 16, the buffet takes up the same footprint (about 1/3 of the deck) and provides equally beautiful views. 

The lounge does indeed get full, but, I don't think there was a time I couldn't find a place to sit.   Might not be window seats, but, we could find someplace to sit.   And we were there quite a bit. 

However, we were not there for Glacier viewing - we were on the Tracy Arm excursion which I highly, highly recommend for glacier viewing.  It's possible the lounge was jam packed while the ship was headed to the glacier.

Only fault I find with it is its name...for the spirit of tradition, it should have been named "Spinnaker Lounge"...:classic_smile:

On our Caribbean sailing in November the lounge was never crowded. Great place to go for a light breakfast or lunch and it arguably has the best bar and bartenders on the ship.