Swimming with pigs

bbnjcruiser

32 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Have you done the one from GSC or Exuma?  I was thinking of the GSC one but haven’t seen any reviews yet

I've done one in Exuma and on another island in near Nassau called Rose Island.  It was a fun experience and I would do it again if I had the chance.  My son loved it and still talks about it years later.  Once thing to note is that what they don't show you in most videos is the poop (no other way to say it) in the ocean that starts to happen after the pigs are feed.  So if you go, prepare yourself for that....

On 11/22/2018 at 9:17 AM, bahama_chica said:

I've done one in Exuma and on another island in near Nassau called Rose Island.  It was a fun experience and I would do it again if I had the chance.  My son loved it and still talks about it years later.  Once thing to note is that what they don't show you in most videos is the poop (no other way to say it) in the ocean that starts to happen after the pigs are feed.  So if you go, prepare yourself for that....

Being in water alongside feral pigs who are clouding that water with their bodily functions (and who may  well carry diseases they can transmit to you) does not sound like a lot of fun, but perhaps we are missing something.  Is it worth the risk of catching something to swim with pigs?

3 hours ago, bbnjcruiser said:

I guess where I was going with this question is - is it Like the videos of Exuma where pigs sort of took over an island and live there? (Magical) Or is it going to just be some dude with pigs in pens on a beach? (Sad)

It's just going to be a dude with pigs, total tourist trap.  Only Exuma and Abaco has a "real" experience, and not accessible from a cruise stop.  Rose Island and GSC were recently fabricated tourist traps.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 1:41 PM, cruiser123! said:

Have you done the one from GSC or Exuma?  I was thinking of the GSC one but haven’t seen any reviews yet

I have seen and heard nothing but bad things on the one that goes from the Norwegian ship. It is not actually go to Exuma.  I really want to do this excursion and I’m trying to find a way to book outside of the cruise line.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, cruisingwiththe family said:

I have seen and heard nothing but bad things on the one that goes from the Norwegian ship. It is not actually go to Exuma.  I really want to do this excursion and I’m trying to find a way to book outside of the cruise line.

You don't have enough time to go to Exuma on a typical cruise stop in Nassau.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:24 PM, zqvol said:

Just curious why anyone would want to force land animals into the sea to entertain the people.

Do what you want but I find it incredibly cruel.

I agree.  Which is why the operators at GSC, etc.... I don't agree with.  It's just a fake tourist trap. The real swimming pigs famously swim out on their own to greet tourists.  They aren't there FOR tourists, big difference.