Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Mattnvick

MSC now taking away the Fantastica drink vouchers we booked as part of the experience

Recommended Posts

So right now I'm trying to book Mereviglia for December 2020 and it includes fantastica vouchers, valid for all winter sailings????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Mattnvick said:

Update:

 

After waiting for 15 mins for a supervisor, the agent who he was talking to originally comes back on and says yes actually anyone that booked before August gets the vouchers as at that time they were included. 

 

A bit more training needed for that agent.  She argued for a long time we were not entitled to them and did not want to pass us on to someone higher up. Would love to have been a fly on the call in the call centre........ 

Im afraid we are dealing with MSC, GET EVERY THING IN WRITING. They chop and change every thing, I made a booking on Dec 22  2018, For a cruise in April 2020  It took 9 weeks to confirm it, I had  %10 VOUCHER from an other cruise, They said it had to be sent to Italy to be confirmed ( I think it had to be signed by the Pope). There CS are possibly the worst of any Cruise company.
I don't think they will be any good to you, But I have 20 voucher left over from our last cruise, You are welcome to them.If you want them.
Reg.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take them.  I am sailing on the Armonia March 25, 2019.  PM for details... Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, alkotik said:

I am on Apr 12 Mediterranean cruise. My e-ticket states the 12 drink vouchers are included. But I think it’s just an IT glitch. Hopefully they will honor it but I do not hold my breath. I am sure if I sue them I will prevail since it’s in writing, but would I spend my precious vacation time arguing with them over it – probably not.   

 

I booked a Fantastica Experience using USA-based travel agency and expected drink vouchers as noted with my Fantastica Experience for January 2019 Sinfonia cruise (European itinerary).  The vouchers were not in my cabin and tablemates (who booked different experiences and drink packages) had received vouchers.  I took up the issue with Guest Services on the first night.  They saw nothing about drink vouchers noted on my booking in the ship's computer system, but they offered to contact Corporate.  The next day, they did "in good faith" give me the vouchers even though no word had come back from Corporate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, logan25 said:

 

I booked a Fantastica Experience using USA-based travel agency and expected drink vouchers as noted with my Fantastica Experience for January 2019 Sinfonia cruise (European itinerary).  The vouchers were not in my cabin and tablemates (who booked different experiences and drink packages) had received vouchers.  I took up the issue with Guest Services on the first night.  They saw nothing about drink vouchers noted on my booking in the ship's computer system, but they offered to contact Corporate.  The next day, they did "in good faith" give me the vouchers even though no word had come back from Corporate.

Good for you! Since calls to MSC have told us that we do not have the vouchers, even though promised by an MSC agent at time of booking, I am expecting we will get that same "not in the computer system" song and dance in a week or so.  Glad we at least have it printed on our boarding documents, but are prepared to have to be "nicely"  persistent once on the ship.

Edited by lambs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm booking the Meriviglia for Dec, 2020, in Fantastica, and no drink pkgs come with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I'm booking the Meriviglia for Dec, 2020, in Fantastica, and no drink pkgs come with it.

 

We booked this last weekend (December 2020 Meriviglia) and yes no drink package offered at all. Will just keep watching and if one comes up and the price is good We will cancel and rebook for the same cabin. Need to watch closely. Guaranteed drink package wise something will be offered just have to see what and when. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received my docs for my April 26 cruise.  According to the docs ...

 

Fantastica Drink Package ***

*** The drink package consists of 12 beverage vouchers in bars, restaurants and buffet and includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version without alcohol.

 

EXP2USA ADD with report - Ideally located staterooms & views including the upper decks with
easy access to the main areas, Priority choice of dinner seatings (subject to availability and
confirmation on board), Fantastica Drink Package consisting of 12 beverage vouchers in bars,
restaurants and buffet including wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails,
soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Free breakfast in bed, Free room service delivery
from 6am-11pm, For adults only: 50% discount to fitness classes and personal trainer. Free
Master Chef and language classes for kids.ADD with report

 

Keeping my fingers crossed that they honor what the docs say.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, geospyder said:

Just received my docs for my April 26 cruise.  According to the docs ...

 

Fantastica Drink Package ***

*** The drink package consists of 12 beverage vouchers in bars, restaurants and buffet and includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version without alcohol.

 

EXP2USA ADD with report - Ideally located staterooms & views including the upper decks with
easy access to the main areas, Priority choice of dinner seatings (subject to availability and
confirmation on board), Fantastica Drink Package consisting of 12 beverage vouchers in bars,
restaurants and buffet including wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails,
soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Free breakfast in bed, Free room service delivery
from 6am-11pm, For adults only: 50% discount to fitness classes and personal trainer. Free
Master Chef and language classes for kids.ADD with report

 

Keeping my fingers crossed that they honor what the docs say.

 

Fingers crossed with you! We board Splendida on the 30th and hoping the same!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On MSC's web site, under experience, it shows the 12 drink package for Fantastica. I hope it's true, because that's all we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know when we booked for Sept 2019, it showed the vouchers, then the fine print stated not available after the end of March.  I even asked the agent what then is the point to book the Fantastica as the Bella would basically have same benefits.  Basically it is just a higher grade cabin for each level.  Which I understand that pricing from other cruise lines, but they don't show them as different experience packages.  We ended up booking the Fantastica anyway, only because others in our group were on deck 13 and we all chose to stay on the same deck.  I really think they got rid of them from people complaining about the vouchers themselves, as if they were just too hard to hold onto.  Though they easily could have had a software program load drinks on your cards and take them off as you ordered them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, that's the way MSC operates. You never know what you're going to get. Fortunately, the experience on board is far superior to anything MSC says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what you cay, except for taking away the mandatory charges (DSC). Why deny the crew who work very hard because  of what management does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...