Which bus route to go to Malmonk Becah to snorkle

topcruz

Bus number 10 runs along the beach areas, but I don't know if it would be easy to figure out when you get to Malmok.  Those beaches are not developed beaches and you would need to ask the bus driver where to let you off. You would also need to ask him where you should go to catch the bus back because I don't know if there are any bus stops around there. 

I'd like to add to the post that I wrote above that most people snorkel at Boca Catalina and Arashi, which are just a ways up the beach from Malmok. I have found that the snorkeling is best at Boca Catalina,  although there are some fish at the others. You can get off at Malmok, then walk to Boca Catalina, and then to Arashi if you wanted. Arashi is the most developed, and the bus stops there.

I think you would need the 10A bus.  I believe the 10 only goes as far as Palm.   The 10A only goes once an hour and it usually departs from the bus station at 27 past the hour.  If you are not sure where to get off for Malmok, just ask the driver.  Most of the time we take the 10A there is nobody getting off (or on) at Malmok so the bus does not stop.  I think a majority of snorkelers (including DW and me) prefer to use Arashi as a base beach.  Arashi has recently been developed (many on the island would say too developed) and now has a chair vendor, cafe/restaurant, and rest rooms.  Getting to the primary snorkeling area from Arashi is a pretty long swim and one would certainly want to have some decent fins.  Malmok would be a bit closer to the better snorkeling spots, but that beach is still not developed.  Another issue with Malmok is that there is not a particularly good entry point and you have to deal with rocks.  On Arashi there is a pretty sandy entry (right of center) but the trade-off is having to swim a longer distance.

Hank