Question - Infinity Aqua Class Deck 11 Aft Cabins

Jim_Iain

Was wanting some information from anyone that have sailed in an Infinity Aft Aqua Class Cabin on Deck 11.   The rooms are directly under the Roof Top Terrace on Deck 12.

Was wondering how loud the movies are and whether you can hear it in your room.    Any other negative or positive comments would be appreciate.    I have read the reviews on sticky for M-Class rooms, but wanting any fresh perspective. 

Jim, I have the same question as much of the info on the sticky is before MUTS.  We are booked on the Summit in 1132 after the revolutionizing.  Hoping at a minimum they increase the insulation to help with the noise and best case they change the cabin to infinite veranda.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was wanting some information from anyone that have sailed in an Infinity Aft Aqua Class Cabin on Deck 11.   The rooms are directly under the Roof Top Terrace on Deck 12.

Was wondering how loud the movies are and whether you can hear it in your room.    Any other negative or positive comments would be appreciate.    I have read the reviews on sticky for M-Class rooms, but wanting any fresh perspective. 

We had the 3 center cabins on deck 11 last year for 15 nights; my cabin was dead center (I cannot remember the room no's.).  The partitions were opened allowing access to the connecting rooms.  We spent a lot of time on the deck and the noise from above was never a problem.  It could be heard but wasn't overly loud and didn't interfere with our conversations, reading or napping!  Definitely could not be heard inside any of the cabins.

Have sailed in that location numerous times.  Our favorite AQ rooms (in fact we have a trip there coming up in December).  Great location.  Quiet, easy access to elevators, the buffet, etc..  We have never had a noise issue.  Sometimes we could hear the movie playing when we sat on the balcony, but always muffled and never an issue.  People on the far aft cabins have reported some noise issues from the bars back there, combined and competing with the noise from the movies.  Also be aware, it is not always just movies - they tend to play something up there most (all?) of the day - movies, Celebrity 'commercials', and so on.  

Our main issue with those rooms (and it does not stop us from booking them) is that there is no overhang so on warm weather cruises the sun beats down on the balcony and in turn the room is sometimes warmer than we would prefer.  We have asked maintenance to make sure the AC vents are completely open so that can help, but FYI they do tend to be warmer than other cabins in warm climates.

10 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

We have been in three different aft deck 11 cabins and have never been disturbed by noise from the movies. 

Those are the best Aqua class cabins on the M class ships.

This. I have been in the afts on Summit a few times. Love the aft rooms. No noise in the room and barely heard anything on the balcony. I have 1140 booked for May.

Thank you all for you experience with these cabins.   I booked the one in Dead Center (1140).    This is going to be an experiment for us.    We have never sailed in anything but suites.  Now that we finally hit Zenith and get all the perks and access to Michael's club thought it might be a good experiment.

We booked the 4 night Caribbean just before the Eastbound TA that we have booked.   

6 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

This. I have been in the afts on Summit a few times. Love the aft rooms. No noise in the room and barely heard anything on the balcony. I have 1140 booked for May.

We have it booked for Oct.  Love those cabins too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have been in cabin 1122. You could hear the movies from our room. They were very loud and I didn`t enjoy my balcony time. I called to GR and so did the lady in the cabin next to us. I am not a fan of movies on X. Leave that to Princess. 

Thanks for the report.   I'm also not big on movies outside.    Looks like 1122 would  be very close to the seating area and Big Screen.   

Jim:  We also love those aft Aqua staterooms.  We haven't been in one on the Infinity since they were installed, but were in 1140 on the Summit and in 1141 when we met you on the Millennium in September.  On the Millennium we were in 1141 for both legs of the B2B.  Whether you will hear anything seems to be dependent on the type of movie.  We heard nothing on the Summit.  On the Millennium we could hear a bit of the Disney movie Coco -- not dialog but music.  Nothing that was a problem for us.

We have booked Aqua, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  Now that we are Zenith I really don't like to pay essentially twice for the premium beverage package and unlimited wi-fi.  Those "free" perks really aren't free.  Wish one of the Zenith perks would be an over 55 senior booking rate for those of us who are over 55.

Gerry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Jim:  We also love those aft Aqua staterooms.  We haven't been in one on the Infinity since they were installed, but were in 1140 on the Summit and in 1141 when we met you on the Millennium in September.  On the Millennium we were in 1141 for both legs of the B2B.  Whether you will hear anything seems to be dependent on the type of movie.  We heard nothing on the Summit.  On the Millennium we could hear a bit of the Disney movie Coco -- not dialog but music.  Nothing that was a problem for us.

We have booked Aqua, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  Now that we are Zenith I really don't like to pay essentially twice for the premium beverage package and unlimited wi-fi.  Those "free" perks really aren't free.  Wish one of the Zenith perks would be an over 55 senior booking rate for those of us who are over 55.

Gerry

Gerry -

I have to agree with you about the perks.   It seems like the prices are really spiraling out of control especially on Edge.  My feeling is that if we can travel comfortably in Aqua it will allow me to book more cruises.  I really like the suites with a separate bedroom because I usually awaken early and Iain doesn't get up for a couple hours.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I really like the suites with a separate bedroom because I usually awaken early and Iain doesn't get up for a couple hours.  

DH is a late sleeper on sea days and when we are in AQ either I leave the cabin, sit on the balcony or sit in darkness.  I really wish there was a curtain that would provide some separation from the seating area & the bed.  Of course that assumes you are in a cabin with the bed by the bath. 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:51 AM, floridaag said:

We are in one next week, will report back.  Also have not cruised in anything but a suite on Celebrity in quite a long time so will be curious.

Look forward to your report.

We leave today.  Supposed to be taking friends for one of their 50th birthdays but they just opened a restaurant and had to cancel so we are taking my in-laws instead for their 50th anniversary.  As the itinerary takes us home to Key West, we will be seeing the friends who were supposed come with us anyway tomorrow.

Also we have friends in one of the Penthouse Suites so looking forward to some cocktails etc. in their suite.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you all for you experience with these cabins.   I booked the one in Dead Center (1140).    This is going to be an experiment for us.    We have never sailed in anything but suites.  Now that we finally hit Zenith and get all the perks and access to Michael's club thought it might be a good experiment.

We booked the 4 night Caribbean just before the Eastbound TA that we have booked.   

We have booked 1140 on a few cruises (Summit) and just booked one on Infinity for 2020 - it is our favorite aft cabin.  Balcony is large (long) and there has always been two chairs, a table and one lounge chair on the balcony.  Has both shade and sun.  Noise from above is minimal and only heard during the day.  Also a nice place to listen to acoustic music from the Oceanview Bar below in the evenings.

• Like 2

Was just on Infinity last week in deck 9 Aqua. We've been in the deck 11 Aqua previously. Definitely would avoid deck 9 Aqua in the future because of noise from the pool deck. Deck 11 Aqua was fine.

Not what was asked, but I put little value in Aqua. Blu is good, but we like MDR just fine. We had two green apples in our stateroom day one that stayed there all week. Was brought canapés each day, but I figured out canapés is French for small unrecognizable pieces of food. The only reason we booked Aqua on this cruise was because there was a fluke in pricing for a few days when Aqua was cheaper than inside. We usually get veranda gty.

Turns out we were not in an AFT cabin but on 11 on the Port side which is a small wing of AQ rooms.  The location was fantastic - easy access, almost private stairway, quiet - no noise issues from above or below.  Great views of the Edge in Ft Lauderdale and Nassau.

Ship is in generally good shape although showing its age.  Seals of shower door in bathroom were poor (ours did not flood too badly but my in-laws next door had problems).  No odor issues.

Dined in Blu, Luminae, LPC in QSine, Buffet and main dining room for one sea day lunch  - generally food was excellent and service good to great.  Service in Blu was good albeit slow.  Service in Luminae was excellent

We did a 7 night Alaska trip on Infinity in cabin 1120 (Aqua), the trip previous to the 'famous' "Infinity vs dock in Ketchican"! 🙂

And I want to precede my comments with "We LOVE Celebrity, and have no intentions of sailing with other cruise lines - because we like what we experience". Having said that, I doubt we will sail on M-class ships again. Aqua is clearly an after-thought on Infinity. The spa is terrible! Dark, dingy, no windows. Went once, but not again.

Blu, our favourite restaurant (but we like it so much we haven't tried anywhere else, so my opinion is skewed) is small, and the windows are scratched and not clear - it's not an inviting room. BUT, the food was typically great, and the staff were WONDERFUL! The crew were so good that I'm having a hard time being critical - but the ship is the ship.

As for the Big Screen TV, we didn't hear it - but then we were on an Alaskan cruise and didn't spend much time on the balcony.

As a result of our experience on the M-class ship Infinity, we cancelled a cruise to South America the next year. But I do want to emphasize that I don't feel comfortable being critical as I do appreciate Celebrity. It's just that Infinity wasn't set up to be Aqua class IMO.

Edited by RealBatman
new design has different responses to keystrokes!