Missing the ship

PAULINELESLEY

I hope that things will work out for you. However, I urge you and the couple with whom you’re flying from London to do some advance research re the options for getting from Barbados to Union Island. The last time we needed to fly that route (several years ago), you had to arrange for a shared charter.

So — if you haven’t already done so, I urge you to reasearch the transit service to Union Island, and boat service from there to Mayreau, and have the contact info in your phone just in case. 

• Like 2

On the principle of if you take your umbrella it never rains, although I feel sure you (and others on the same flight or landing at around  the same time) will be fine, do recommend that you book a meet and greet in Barbados,  and do the research into getting to Mayreau in the very unlikely event it should be necessary.

I wonder if the Seabourn organised travel was on the same day, or day before with a hotel?  If the same day, then there should be others, probably on the BA flight, and the ship would try hard to get them on board that evening if the planes are delayed, which should hopefully work to your advantage.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Hi lincslady,

thank you you for your reply, I feel a little better after your advice, I have now booked the 'meet and greet' at Barbados airport and I will find all the information for getting to Mayreau just incase. The other problem is if we are delayed trying to get in a hotel as it's the last day of the cricket in Barbados, still one step at a time fingers crossed all goes to plan. Kind regards, Pauline.

12 hours ago, PAULINELESLEY said:

Hi lincslady,

thank you you for your reply, I feel a little better after your advice, I have now booked the 'meet and greet' at Barbados airport and I will find all the information for getting to Mayreau just incase. The other problem is if we are delayed trying to get in a hotel as it's the last day of the cricket in Barbados, still one step at a time fingers crossed all goes to plan. Kind regards, Pauline.

I’m sure it will all work out fine, but I agree, it doesn’t hurt to be prepared just in case. I do hope all goes well. 

Ok Pauline

You really have me thinking out my "missing our ship in St. Maarten" next Saturday plan.  We leave Miami at 12:20 and arrive St Maarten airport at 4pm (ship leaves at 11pm - all abroad at 9pm).  With that said and worried as I am, we decided to spend the night at near Miami airport the night before.  That removes the 2 hour white knuckle dive to Miami.  Then I went to rometorio.com to scope my options out catching up with the ship on the run if something goes wrong and I miss it on Saturday.  We may get snowed in at Miami - who knows. The plan would be to get to SXM airport and take a ferry to Anguilla on Monday.

Hi Raphael,

I hope everything goes well for you and you have a wonderful cruise, I think I will check about going to Roseau two days later if we miss the ship, as someone mentioned we would have to fly to Union Island then get a water taxi to  Mayreau.

Hope to hear from you on your trip.

Safe travels, kind regards,

Pauline 

We're flying to St. Maartin this coming Saturday from Miami.  With only 1 non-stop fight a day, an airport in St. Maartin working out of tents, and almost no hotels on the island standing, WHAT COULD GO WRONG :classic_cool:

Here's wishing up both good luck.

Raphael