Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

17 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here’s Eden’s menu - all complimentary!

VT - curious as to if the Eden Cafe (with the free food) is open during embarkation, similar to the Park Cafe on the Oasis Class ships (if you've ever been). It seems like these would be good bites to have available at that time and might not be as completely overrun as the OV.

Thanks again! 

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I played with it and was opening and closing curtains and lights were coming on and off until DH had had enough. 🙂

My DH will be  playing with these toys too.....me I say only touch when needed.

Thanks for the tip about turning off the green features..temp does not matter , as we do that manually anyhow, but being put into darkness would matter, esp in a room I dmam not familiar with.

. Isn't there a nightlight in the bathroom that comes on auto when it's dark?

Edited by hcat

Parking was an issue only because there were a ton of local TAs and it was free.  We’ve never parked higher than the 3rd floor at the Midpoint garage until Tuesday.  Also, the sidewalk narrows but it did not cause us any issues, nor did we have to roll our bags in front or back of us.  

Katie

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

My DH will be  playing with these toys too.....me I say only touch when needed.

Thanks for the tip about turning off the green features..temp does not matter , as we do that manually anyhow, but being put into darkness would matter, esp in a room I dmam not familiar with.

. Isn't there a nightlight in the bathroom that comes on auto when it's dark?

Not for her I guess. She may come on here and explain what happened. We were giggling about it!

40 minutes ago, mit429 said:

VT - curious as to if the Eden Cafe (with the free food) is open during embarkation, similar to the Park Cafe on the Oasis Class ships (if you've ever been). It seems like these would be good bites to have available at that time and might not be as completely overrun as the OV.

Thanks again! 

I’m 99% sure it is, but will look at my daily when I get back to the room. I will also post the free Grand plaza cafe case picture below, which I believe is open. They have little sandwiches and desserts. Too much food and too little time!!!11A24E4D-EBF0-49AF-B726-AEDE3AE6BE0B.thumb.jpeg.a91076b7e3022cd3100198bee47d9d76.jpeg

Interestingly no gelateria opposite cafe al bacio which breaks our heart. I asked the concierge and he said there is a guy with a gelato cart in the grand plaza! Will need to find him!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Oville said:

Parking was an issue only because there were a ton of local TAs and it was free.  We’ve never parked higher than the 3rd floor at the Midpoint garage until Tuesday.  Also, the sidewalk narrows but it did not cause us any issues, nor did we have to roll our bags in front or back of us.  

Katie

Now that I think about it, I was able to walk with the bags rolling to my sides; but it was narrower than what it should be for a high traffic area when the ships are loading and unloading.   That is why I like to take photos of everything, so that I can remember more accurately.  Thanks for correcting me.

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Is that $25 each?  I don't know that I need one more water bottle, since I normally don't use the ones I already have, even if it is EDGEy.  Now the book, I can get into.  Is that paperback one in the cabin, like they used to have the X books on the desk?  Maybe you can let us know tomorrow, ok?  And, please check about the hardcover book, too.  Regarding the ship models, you never said if the crystal one was like that sailing ship we saw in the photos, displayed in a public space, or if it is a crystal model of the Edge herself.  That would make ALL the difference!

Hope you are feeling better and resting and enjoying your day.  Have a great time at the 15th Street Fisheries!  Yum!

~Barbara~

408C7DB3-3C8D-4706-B582-0DC615B80DC3.thumb.jpeg.de13dcb009dd63375e681a6bbc0d081f.jpegYes the water bottles are $25 each. The paperback one doesn’t explain the art - more for TAs. The hardcover explains some of the art. I’ll ask if they have a specific art book. Amazing stuff here!!

D96F86FE-D5EC-412F-A507-BA399D14059D.thumb.jpeg.8a47869983b11ba1628bd93163063b92.jpeg7C3DA62A-07F6-472A-A937-7EB9D5215B06.thumb.jpeg.9e6cdbb1c3bd39b2480df7f9f8dd32e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, citruscruiser said:

I think I have you beat! I was in garage at 9 and had parked on the 5th floor (only thing available when I got there). One hour to get to booth. I thought I was being smart by staying on board late to avoid rush hour traffic!

Was debating whether to use the garage or Park n' Fly tomorrow - my decision is now made for me!  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

Was debating whether to use the garage or Park n' Fly tomorrow - my decision is now made for me!  Thanks!

Might want to check Park'N Go, too. When I was price checking for January, they were $30 less than PNF for 2 weeks.

And they are in the same area as PNF.

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Might want to check Park'N Go, too. When I was price checking for January, they were $30 less than PNF for 2 weeks.

And they are in the same area as PNF.

Thank you for posting this, since I forgot to reply.  I used to use Park'N Fly, but now use Park'N Go.  Great service by both of them; but I do like PNG better now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thank you for posting this, since I forgot to reply.  I used to use Park'N Fly, but now use Park'N Go.  Great service by both of them; but I do like PNG better now.

Is PNG also covered?  I use PNF as I get discounts there and like the covered aspect. 

Edited by BurBunny

5 hours ago, happicruzer said:

When boarding tomorrow, could you please post the luggage scanner details.  We usually carry on our luggage and am planning on two smaller suitcases vs one large 24” suitcase.  

Everything has to be placed in a large bin down in Miami at the new RCI terminal banning the larger suitcase.

thanks.

I will try to figure that out. 🙂

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

As a member of the “11268” club, I can’t wait to see those photos! 😁

I have been trying so hard to pack, but reading all of your posts about Edge are keeping me from my task! 😉 Thanks for everything, Marilyn. ❤️

You must be so excited! I know I was having a hard time concentrating on packing when trying to keep up with CC too! Let's hope those of us in the 11268 club chose a good one! 😊

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You must be so excited! I know I was having a hard time concentrating on packing when trying to keep up with CC too! Let's hope those of us in the 11268 club chose a good one! 😊

We’ll know tomorrow.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oville said:

Here’s a pic so you can see the TV, it’s not that bad.

B83C10AF-8A17-4F80-941B-D5969F11AB83.jpeg

Really curious as to how big the closet space is for hanging clothes as it looks quite small from the video … and is there room under the bed to store luggage? Also does anyone know how much space is between the edge of the bed and the wall - enough to get aa scooter through?  Thanks …

Edited by FM

47 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm sure 11268 is going to be wonderful! I'm still hoping that the bathroom will have that great window so we can look out to sea. The very first, and only time that we had something similarly was on a Holland America ship eons ago. Absolutely loved it!

Excited...me...? 🙃  😉 😁 I've never had this much fun getting ready for an Inaugural cruise since the Solstice!

• Like 3