Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
vtcruising

Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

Recommended Posts

 

29 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I know this was covered previously, but I just can’t find the postings. Does the BLU dining room have an outdoor component?

Yes, Blu has 22 outdoor seats and can be used dependent upon the weather, of course.

 

1709633959_bluout.jpeg.5e42de1a4ba589e391a52ca5879e0acc.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a trip that was. 

4 Days felt like 2 weeks. 

What a ship. Oh my... 

What a lousy app. 

I am officially flashed. Think I got lost in Eden. 

This is not a 100 % positive opinion, but if you are financewise lucky enough to not have to think about some +2000 $ , you freakin have to go on this ship. 

It is not perfect, but it is heavily mindblowing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes I picked it up and moved it. 😀

 

Great...I will find a nice place to move it to..is it real?  That would be a surpise, but I doubt it!

 

We bring  our cosmetics, first aid  make up, etc in clear plastic pouches.,.we  only take stuff out  as we use it.. not worth unpacking, setting up and repacking...just for a week...Looks like plenty of bathroom storage for our system to work.!

 

Our meds have to be kept in the cabin not bathroom..less damp.  We will miss the  desk shelves but will find a good spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

 

Yes, Blu has 22 outdoor seats and can be used dependent upon the weather, of course.

 

1709633959_bluout.jpeg.5e42de1a4ba589e391a52ca5879e0acc.jpeg

 

 

 

Thanks for this...maybe a good spot for breakfast.

Nice ocean view....ignore the davits!  I believe it is also  a walkway from Eden, but we will try it if we can...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

What a trip that was. 

4 Days felt like 2 weeks. 

What a ship. Oh my... 

What a lousy app. 

I am officially flashed. Think I got lost in Eden. 

This is not a 100 % positive opinion, but if you are financewise lucky enough to not have to think about some +2000 $ , you freakin have to go on this ship. 

It is not perfect, but it is heavily mindblowing. 

Sorry... but I turned the video off in 2 seconds..fast as I could,

Flashed ???? Possible culture diff here in vocabulary but glad you enjoyed it, I think..

 

Just not our style of Modern Luxury..we like to mellow out not rave out!

 

That's our one big  fear about cruising EDGE.. excessively loud music, flashing lights,  general chaos,  So far it seems pervasive,...in EDEN, the Martini Bar,  the Club,.,etc    Wondering if there are any quiet mellow spots for  the evening.???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hcat said:

Sorry... but I turned the video off in 2 seconds..fast as I could,

Flashed ???? Possible culture diff here in vocabulary but glad you enjoyed it, I think..

 

Just not our style of Modern Luxury..we like to mellow out not rave out!

 

That's our one big  fear about cruising EDGE.. excessively loud music, flashing lights,  general chaos,  So far it seems pervasive,...in EDEN, the Martini Bar,  the Club,.,etc    Wondering if there are any quiet mellow spots for  the evening.???

Well, hcat, I agree mostly, but I did watch the entire clip.  I was thinking that if I wanted to see the circus I would rent a movie, etc., since Ringling Bros., Barnum & Bailey has shut down.  (I didn't go to the circus before it did, either)  Just not my thing.  So, if you can determine where there might be quiet spaces without loud, raucous music or flashing lights, please let me know and you will probably see me there more than once.  :classic_wink:

Edited by beachbunny6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beachbunny6 said:

Well, hcat, I agree mostly, but I did watch the entire clip.  I was thinking that if I wanted to see the circus I would rent a movie, etc., since Ringling Bros., Barnum & Bailey has shut down.  (I didn't go to the circus before it did, either)  Just not my thing.  So, if you can determine where there might be quiet spaces without loud, raucous music or flashing lights, please let me know and you will probably see me there more than once.  :classic_wink:

Lets agree to find them out and post.Better yet, . I will start a thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Lets agree to find them out and post.Better yet, . I will start a thread!

 

I will be there!  For sure!  And, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

 

I will be there!  For sure!  And, thanks!

Count us in... 😉 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries guys, never have I seen a ship or other resort in my life with more opportunities to hide away from the noise of the day. 

In fact, this ship has more chairs and sofas than my favourite furniture store... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VT ... random curiosity, but could you by any chance tell me where certain muster stations are.

 

I'm looking for both D2 and E2

 

Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some answers to questions from citruscruiser:

No makeup mirror in non-suite cabins that she was in.


"Concierge lunch was Cosmopolitan. It had 3 appetizers 3 entree and desert. Very similar to S class embarkation lunch.

Also Concierge (never got his name) came around and introduced himself. Not sure how Concierge guests found the lunch, if they didn’t read the email unless they have cruised before, since there isn’t a normal check in process where they would mention it. I asked crew were it was being held.

I did see on thread about using corner cabinet for shoes. Which is needed with 2 girls in cabin! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mit429 said:

VT ... random curiosity, but could you by any chance tell me where certain muster stations are.

 

I'm looking for both D2 and E2

 

Thanks 🙂

It's weird because they don't give the name of the venue on your door, just the deck number and general location. We were directed once we got to the area. I think we were D2 for the first cruise and went to Fine Cut Steakhouse. We were E1 for the 3rd one and and it was in Cyprus - I think they were directing E2's to Cosmo, if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, emairs said:

Totally agree with you.

If we don’t have any decent veranda furniture on our S1 corner aft Feb. b2b, after all the negative comments, the rocking chair will be going out to the deck. Looks like it takes up too much room anyway, making the suite seem smaller. 

 

I have a way to pay for the cruise in an Edge Villa next time. Open a pop up store at the first port and sell folding loungers!  Could make a fortune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Think I got lost in Eden

I may need to be careful of the flashing lights, but any performance to one of my favorite Florence and the Machine songs will get my attention. Thanks for the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I may need to be careful of the flashing lights, but any performance to one of my favorite Florence and the Machine songs will get my attention. Thanks for the video.

 

This was in the Theater. 

Eden was always very relaxed and emotionally tender so to say. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VT-  every evening I have, in some sense, spent wonderful hours in your company as you shared your Edge explorations, your horrid acident, and your great pictures.  Such a generous donation of your time, even when you felt under the weather!  I thank you for a week of evenings where I dreamed of my February cruise.  Have also made a lot of notes from your posts.  As a solo traveller, it is always a good thing to plan and be oriented to things ahead of time  (there will still be surprizes and enough “adventures”).  So thank you.  Safe travels home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msteries said:

VT-  every evening I have, in some sense, spent wonderful hours in your company as you shared your Edge explorations, your horrid acident, and your great pictures.  Such a generous donation of your time, even when you felt under the weather!  I thank you for a week of evenings where I dreamed of my February cruise.  Have also made a lot of notes from your posts.  As a solo traveller, it is always a good thing to plan and be oriented to things ahead of time  (there will still be surprizes and enough “adventures”).  So thank you.  Safe travels home.

What a lovely post!! Thank you. I have felt the same way about other live posters before going on my cruises so was hoping to give back to this wonderful community of people! Hope to cruise with you someday!!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I know this was covered previously, but I just can’t find the postings. Does the BLU dining room have an outdoor component?

 

Yes and there are photos in one of the threads and on the deck plans too.

 

I cannot tell you where exactly, yet I did see them in the last few days.

 

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vtcruising said:

This what they had - I was surprised! One person that I met onboard  (in our roll call) was the person with the most X cruises (a Zenith) and was crowed the first "Miss Edge". I wish I had known so I could have seen that! 🙂

 

 

That does not 'Crown' her as The Queen of The Edge, which makes her one of your Attendants!

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

What a lovely post!! Thank you. I have felt the same way about other live posters before going on my cruises so was hoping to give back to this wonderful community of people! Hope to cruise with you someday!!😀

 

Marilyn, msteries said all I have been trying to tell you - you have been wonderful about taking us all with you and sharing your fabulous vacation with us.  (Even the part we don't like to mention :classic_wink:)  Once again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Have a safe journey home and don't let Winter get to you.  We will have a very special place for you back here in FL in January!  *hugs*

~Barbara~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

 

That does not 'Crown' her as The Queen of The Edge, which makes her one of your Attendants!

 

bon voyage

Bo, you are right!  They gave the prize to the wrong person.  We have our Queen of the Edge, and we will not let them take the honor away from her, regardless of Zenith or whatever.  We know who is our leader!  :classic_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Barbara! I have PED (Post Edge Depression) today and don't want to leave. It is 22 in VT and threat of a Nor'Easter. Right now I am looking out at a gorgeous port and enjoying warmth and sun. Oh well. back to work to earn more $$ for more cruises. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...