Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

9 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Just great, and just what it needed.... it was spooky enough already.  :classic_ohmy:

What about the faceless people?

Love them - they were getting a photo shoot so I didn’t touch them but I will. I need to read the book in the cabin about them. Big beautiful Edge book with art, etc. I will be getting one of those!!

E93EB5E1-FC1E-4316-A246-8D9F1DEDF73B.thumb.jpeg.56144608a3f944d7ffbfc88cc984801c.jpeg

3278DCD6-501B-432B-8B9F-FB8F8C582C89.jpeg

817B7CA2-34E5-49D1-8D49-99F151D468DC.jpeg

• Like 2

I talked with Restaurant Manager yesterday for quite awhile. He said that Luminae would only have their menu - no MDR menu because of distance to kitchen. I asked if they would have everyday favorites up there since many wanted more options. He said that is what they will likely end up doing. 

No Brunch on the Edge yet - a work in progress. Dinner on the Edge will be one day/cruise, depending on weather, but 2 seatings 6 and 8, I think. It will be buffet style, with high end stuff, such as caviar. 

There is no front cover for the MC, but will be for the Apex - he said they learned about wind issues after the fact on the Edge (we had that figured out before them 😉). It a a similar issue for the RTG - if rainy, they can’t serve dinner - I think he said that would also be remedied on the Apex.

He was a nice guy, Lazar. I have his card if you have more questions.

This is Lazar. We booked the half cabana on the right for next Sunday. 😀

CCD9F146-FE97-4829-8AB1-8D7CAD1C9995.thumb.jpeg.9ff6c163e446befd276d8b3a330335d5.jpeg55457DAB-637A-4888-AC67-489A7A0E9AAB.thumb.jpeg.de0d514f4cebb2b1adc45efdc133e4fc.jpeg3B8E6AB9-DE31-4A9E-9A9E-CD3F6DFAA341.thumb.jpeg.361d53ae6ea54d0546043f4a5030d2cd.jpeg

0D2D2908-82A3-49BA-80B7-AED4A0B3FB86.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

"I don't find the cabin sterile" Strange and worrying on a new ship.

Some people have thought these cabins to be too neutral in color (griege) and have called them sterile-looking. I thought that initially, but don’t feel that way in person. 😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kearney said:

Thanks for the info.... the plug by the bed is great... no more tripping over the cord in the middle of the night. Someone earlier in the day posted the updated photo of Mr Edge.  I looked at previous photos... the glass looked about 18" or more lower than it is now. I am basing that on one photo taken at a long range and one other closer shot. I can now sleep. I am telling you... give me your problem and I will worry for you. Also, I am really great at funerals of total strangers... you would swear I was a close relation... just how I am wired I guess.  Hope you are having a great time.    I keep seeing comments on facebook about the cabin seeming narrower than other cabins... but I think that the fact that the cabin is actually longer makes it look narrower... Also lack of curtains which can add the illusion of height might also impact perception of size.   I can not wait until our cruise.

We have bed by bath and the cabin doesn’t seem narrower to me. Not having the rounded corners on the bed makes a difference though. Maybe that is it.

9 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

What ship has small tables next to the loungers?   It would be nice but I have never seen any tables next to loungers on any ship.

X ships always had them...but they have slowly faded out as they stuff more loungers in with hardly any space in between..Makes it hard to have drinks, snacks and personal items next to you, but we always manage!

Vt.

Glad you are enjoying the ship..hope you get some  nice relaxation at the spa and suite area today

3 ques..for now or another time

Can you really swim laps..what about the sep  underwater between the two sections of the pool shown in prior photos?

How windy is it at RTG and Sunset Bar areas when the ship is sailing?

Can the coral piece in the  cabin be moved.? That's where I want to place my flowers!

Thanks

ENJOY!

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the great pics and info, especially the daily activities.  Way too much to do in a very short time.  I bet you are very glad you have a couple more sailings to see and do a lot more.  Enjoy!

Hilarious about the AC/Lighting controls; but I did think about that when I saw a pic of those the other day.  

OMG!  You are so great!  Thanks for sharing your adventure with all of us.  You should get paid for this, since you are so good at it!

I have been sitting here shaking my head at all the requests people have sent you for specifics, and now find that after seeing your schedules for today, that I, too, have a request.  When you do the Stateroom Discovery tour, which I am sure you will, can you please snap a pic of 8245, the IV-Accessible?  It will be like the one we have in January, and I want to send it to Barbara 2.  And did you see prices for that gorgeous book and the ship model?  I know "they" say that if you have to ask, you can't afford it, but I am curious and need to know how much I will be spending for them.  :classic_biggrin:

Thanks again, VERY MUCH, for taking your time to do this for all of us.  We cannot tell you how much we are enjoying your narrative and photos.  

• Like 1

VT - Can you please find out how interconnecting cabins work on the Edge? Is it like the early S class ships with double doors in the vestibule or the M class ships (and RF) with interior doors. Booked interconnecting Concierge cabins in March! Thanks !!!

Edited by TommyD3

From what I can glean from photos shared in the media, standard staterooms and lower end suites (specifically Sky Suites but not sure to what level) feature C.O. Bigelow products, while higher end suites feature Santal 33.

From USA Today / Gene Sloan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/11/25/celebrity-edge-cruises-groundbreaking-new-ship-photos/2105283002/

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Vt.

Glad you are enjoying the ship..hope you get some  nice relaxation at the spa and suite area today

3 ques..for now or another time

Can you really swim laps..what about the sep  underwater between the two sections of the pool shown in prior photos?

How windy is it at RTG and Sunset Bar areas when the ship is sailing?

Can the coral piece in the  cabin be moved.? That's where I want to place my flowers!

Thanks

ENJOY!

Yes, he did laps, that wall wasn't up - it was 3 feet deep at one end and 5 at the other, it is heated and lovely, not salt water!

I didn't notice wind up on top deck last night - gorgeous night and it is amazing to see the lights come on. It's like a little surprise since you don't know what colors will be coming on.

Yes, I moved the coral so your flowers should fit! 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you so much - this info is very informative VT.  Question about the cabanas:  Can you actually rent half of a cabana or is that especially done for these TA/promotional cruises?  I might be interested if it's half the price and quiet place.  

59 minutes ago, jsea said:

From what I can glean from photos shared in the media, standard staterooms and lower end suites (specifically Sky Suites but not sure to what level) feature C.O. Bigelow products, while higher end suites feature Santal 33.

I saw those pics too.  But your eyes much be much better or younger than mine.  LOL.  I can't make out what the bottles say, but I know they look different than what I'm used to,  which is why I asked VT for a close up pic.

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry that I haven’t answered all posts in order. I have 200 posts to go though from all threads and have been so busy. 

The IV control panel tripped be up already. I woke up at 1 am too hot so went to turn the temp down and hit the wrong button. The shade went up (makes a noise) and every light came on ( I hit the “morning” button). Then I started punching buttons to stop the shade and turn off the lights. My DH slept through the whole thing! Pretty funny!

Omg! I'm sure it wasn’t amusing at the time, but the visuals are hilarious ! 😁 Hope you get the temperature just right before bed tonight. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

Good morning, everyone ~ I know everyone is super excited to see photos of Edge but PLEASE DO NOT copy and post photos from other websites as copyright laws protect those photos posted elsewhere on the internet.  Posting a link to other photos is fine but copying and pasting is not.  

Unless you have actually taken the photos and own them, please do not post them here as we will remove them.

THANKS for your cooperation....back to celebrating Edge's arrival!